August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Testosterone questions....

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by learner2life, Jan 21, 2013.

1. learner2life

learner2life David Pain

Tijuana-San Jose, Ca
    From my lab results from the 9th of jan. 2013.

Testosterone, Free/Tot equilib Reference
    Testosterone, Serum 497 ng/dl 17.25 nmol/L 348-1197 ng/dL
    Testosterone, Free 12.42 ng/dl 5-21 ng/dL
    % Free Testosterone 2.5% 1.5-4.20%

Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound
    Free and weakly bound % 22.9 % 9-46%
    Free and weakly bound 113.8 ng/dL 40-250

LH 8.5 mIU/mL 1.7-8.6
    FSH 3.3 mIU/mL 1.5-12.4
    Sex Horm Binding Glob, serum 35.8 nmol/L 16.5-55.9

Albumin 4.4 g/dL 3.5-5.5

TSH 2.06 uIU/mL .45-4.5
    T4 11.5 ug/dL 0-99
    T3 Uptake 33% 24-39
    Free T4 Index 3.8 1.2-4.9

Estradiol, Sensitive 15 pg/mL 3-70
    IGF-1 214 ng/mL 71-241

Prostate Specific Ag, Serum .8 ng/mL 0-4.0

Well, I have had a recent testicular injury. I ordered these tests to confirm that there is a problem. My muscle mass has decreased. I am constantly thirsty and any hint or sign of stress brings on more thirst. I took these results to a doctor in mexico while I was there running some other tests. He said the results looked absolutely normal. I was quite shocked by that. Especially the high normal luteinizing hormone. I do have a testosterone gel that I purchased but I haven't started it yet. Mostly my question is this. I know that my problem is due to the testicular trauma and think the pituitary was working fine and still is. Would taking testosterone supplements be the right way to go about fixing the low level or would it increase estradiol and backfeed into another spot. It seems like the problem is localized in the testes then taking testosterone should be the missing link. I forgot to include the dhea test. So, I don't have that reading to go on. Thanks for all the help.
    David

2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    your testosterone levels are ok, i wouldnt use T yet. maybe see another doc and another lot of tests in a couple of months. Investigate other issues for weightloss maybe??

3. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    The T-levels look fine.

4. learner2life

learner2life David Pain

Tijuana-San Jose, Ca
    O.k. The luteinizing hormone seems a little high to me. Which somewhat affirms my worries about the injury. The LH looks o.k.?

See more popular forum discussions.