Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Testing service

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by AshaKiran, Feb 15, 2016.

1. AshaKiran

AshaKiran

CZ, Poland
    Hello, I try to understand my results from 23andme
    Anyone familiar with ch3enko.com testing ?
    report looks like more logical than just chart
    ch3enko_asha.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

Very pretty. But probably based on Yasko SNPs which have no impact.

3. AshaKiran

AshaKiran

CZ, Poland
  4. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    Well it could be helpful in understanding where in a metabolic pathway a snp might have an effect.

But this is just one very tiny part of the snps analysed by 23andme and there is no indication of how these snps are interpreted so it is impossible to say if it is useful.

Maybe a better place to start is promethease.com. This gives a much more extensive analysis ranked on the basis of the research that has been done on the snp, with links to the research. It is searchable for any gene you might be interested in.

Unfortunately you can't take this or any other analysis at face value. You really need to do your own research to evaluate any snps that might be flagged as an issue.

You certainly can't believe all the nonsense that circulates on the internet about the meaning of various snps, most notably the so-called methylation and related snps.

5. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

It definitely includes a lot of crap. Not a good source for an interpretation.

6. AshaKiran

AshaKiran

CZ, Poland
    Promethease is so complicated, you need to be a MD to understand their stuff does not it? but I could be way off base...

See more popular forum discussions.