Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Testing in the UK - Methylation Pathways Panel

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Uno, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Uno

Uno Senior Member

Brighton, United Kingdom
    Hi folks

Under my charity Neuroimmune Alliance, I am trying to arrange labs in the UK to offer a methylation pathways panel as recommended by Rich Van K.

Currently not one lab or doctor runs this test so I am trying to use existing labs to offer a service.

The Doctors Laboratory are saying that Homocystine needs to be frozen, does anyone know how correct this is?

It seems ridiculous that we have to send our bloods all the way to the USA to get tested!

If anyone has had any success with any labs please let me know!

2. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

This lab: http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/
    provides a methylation panel, which is quite expensive (~300€) and provides levels of glutathione, SAMe, SAH and all forms of folate. Blood samples must be sent pretty fast (24h) in ice to them. They are located in the Netherlands.

Hope it helps

3. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    Just to add to the above post that Biolab in London will take care of everything in terms of logistics i.e. from drawing blood, to icing etc.

See more popular forum discussions.