1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

TESTING for EBV, CMZ, HHV6 igg igm and viral load in North England

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by sianrecovery, Jan 4, 2012.

1. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    Does anyone have a lab in the uk they recomend for these tests? I'm trying to avoid starting at the Breakspear, I dont have the money.

Thanks for your input
  2. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    I think medichecks might....Not cheap, though. When I enquired about testing for ebv and hhv6 was around 550.00. Good luck.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Sian Biolabs may take blood for viral testing at their lab on a referral from a qualified nutritionist, or even an osteopath?worth asking, I'll dig out where my testing was done and let you know.
  4. sianrecovery

Manchester UK
    thats great, thank xxxx
  5. wideawake

wideawake

Hi Sian. As EBV and CMZ are in the NICE guidelines as needing to be excluded before an ME diagnosis is made, then your GP is obliged to perform these two. Perhaps you could save some money if you did these two on the NHS
  6. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    I've had EBV and CMV tests on the NHS. Not sure what CMZ is.

Jenny
  7. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
  8. sianrecovery

Manchester UK
    Thats a good point, I wil try hassling the useless GP who sees me as a middle aged female irritant, and I will take that paper - thanks for posting link heapsreal, and I meant CMV, sorry - fog brain xxxx
  9. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Privately, TDL in London does those (that's the lab the Breakspear also uses)
    Those tests are available on the NHS but you need a consultant to request them. I had those done at University College in London and a second time at St Charles. NHS labs usually won't release details of titres but just report whether positive or negative. Since IgMs tend to always be negative they don't care about levels of IgG titres, not matter how high they are, which is not very helpful.
  10. sianrecovery

Manchester UK
    I've found I can get the CMV, EBV, HHV6 tests done via Biolab in London - they send them on to another lab, but will pull the blood. I'm also thinking about getting CD4 and CD8 tested, and possibly HGH. The bacterial stuff I am saving for the US.

See more popular forum discussions.