Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tender to touch localised pain

Discussion in 'Peripheral Neuropathy' started by Skippa, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Hi,

I sometimes get this, for example on my hip, but today I have it on my right arm.

It starts a few inches below my elbow and reaches a few inches above. The entire area is sensitive to touch, even the slightest brushing of touches.

If I stay totally still I can't feel any pain at all, but clothes brushing against it, even shower water causes the pain, in fact HARD pressing doesn't cause the pain either.

I was lifting some objects yesterday, could it be a trapped nerve? It feels like a burning ache or intense fiery itch at the point of pressure and radiates out into the surrounding tissue/muscle.

It reminds me of the uncomfortable all over sensitivity you get from a bad virus fevery episode, such as tonsilitis or bad flu, except localised.

2. voner

voner Senior Member

That sounds exactly like Allodynia.

Skippa likes this.
  3. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Hmmm, yes it does.

Thanks! Off to read about that now. Interesting the treatments all seem to be aimed at reducing the pain and not treating whatever cause.

See more popular forum discussions.