Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Temporary side effects from increased blood volume?

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by CW1, Mar 18, 2017.

1. CW1

CW1

Has anyone experienced fatigue when increasing their salt intake? Ive been on Florinef for over a year now, and my doc and I decided to increase my salt intake by just 1/4 a teaspoon a day - just bc I'm still having symptoms of low blood volume. since doing so my blood pressure is a little higher (which is good for me) but I've been really fatigued.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced heavy fatigue when they raised their blood volume a notch. I'm hoping it may be a transient symptom that will go away. Maybe just my body and ANS adjusting to the new level of blood in the brain?

2. keenly

keenly

UK
    When I introduced salt a few year ago it totally messed me up for awhile. Too much salt is not great without Potassium. Please try both together.

lafarfelue likes this.
  3. CW1

CW1

Thanks so much for your response! Yes, I do take some potassium too and monitor my electrolytes w/ periodic blood tests.

4. keenly

keenly

UK
    It is the balance that is hard to get right. I have a problem with both. Normally they are low.

CW1 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.