• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TELL AL JAZEERA WHAT YOU THINK

Ember

Canary in a Coal Mine
I just wanted to thank everyone for their excellent comments on the Al Jazeera piece: http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/...avethisdebilitatingdiseasewithalousyname.html

We have 13 comments and over 2,000 shares. This is orders of magnitudes greater than most of their segments. Perhaps if we can show the groundswell of support for more stories like this one, we might, in the coming months, pitch a follow-up story on the politics, which are now more important than ever.

So keep sharing and do leave a comment on the page if you are so inspired!

It's also your opportunity to point out any shortcomings in the reporting, or important nuances they may have missed. It's very difficult to tell complex stories on television, but with they 9-10 minute format, it can be a chance to finally get the story straight.

Last edited:

RUkiddingME

To site moderators, could this thread be placed on home page as I think we should all be aware that Jen got us on the news!!! GO JEN!!!! My hero!!!