1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Teitelbaum's Fatigue to Fantastic

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Googsta, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Googsta

Googsta Doing Well

Australia
    This book was recommended to me & I was wondering if it matters which copy I buy.
    There have been several revised editions but I can't afford the later ones, does it really matter?
    Thanks ;)

2. baccarat

baccarat Senior Member

3. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Yeah I would just use his site, blogs, and forums.

4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I did the book before I knew of this forum. I didn't do all the supplements but I was very happy w the vitamin powder+ D-ribose, in about 1.5month always take me off relapse.

The problem is that it destroys my stomach and I am over the B12 acceptable range, so I haven't been able to use it during this relapse. I would also Do the OLE because I did have viral infection even though my Dr told me I didn't and answering the questions in the book didn't tell me I had it either.

5. Googsta

Googsta Doing Well

Australia
    Thanks

The friend who recommended the book said she found the S.H.I.N.E protocol etc underwhelming until she read the book. I found a dirt cheap '98 version, maybe I should just buy that & use the sites for updates?

She swears by D-ribose too Inester ;)

6. Patrick*

Patrick* Formerly PWCalvin

California
    I've had a small amount of success with D-ribose too, but not in the superlative way the book leads you to believe. It's just a slight energy boost within the first hour or two after taking the twice daily dose. But I still find it worthwhile, so I continue to take it.

Inester, it gave me stomach problems too at first, but I think that was because it wasn't dissolving completely in the water. After a while, I started mixing it in very hot water (2.5 minutes in a microwave for a 12 oz mug), which ensured that the Ribose fully dissolved, and the stomach issues dissipated.

7. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    I think you could buy the cheap book, and then double-check anything that interests you on his website. That way you can dog-ear and underline....it's a lot of information.

8. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    You may want to check out some of the methylation threads, especially those by Rich Van Konynenburg. He understands that one's b12 level can be high, but still one's 'functional b12' level is actually low. I can't really explain it, and may be incorrect, but perhaps you can PM RichVank for more clarification.

9. Googsta

Googsta Doing Well

Australia
    Thanks everyone ;)

Taa Danny, having some success with my own supplements ATM but am keen to check out Rich's protocol if I hit a brick wall :thumbsup:

See more popular forum discussions.