Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Teenager with POTS dies

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Countrygirl, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...tion_type_map=["og.shares"]&action_ref_map=[]

CantThink, SDSue, Sushi and 7 others like this.
  2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Thanks for sharing, I was literally just logging in to share this weird coincidence . Extremely tragic and really makes you choke up and tear a lot... R.I.P. Christina, thoughts and love with the family and friends.

CantThink, SDSue, Countrygirl and 2 others like this.
  3. Jammy88

Jammy88 Senior Member

Italy
    That's so heartbreaking to me. :( I definitely understand her feelings. RIP Cristina. My condolences to the family.

SDSue, Countrygirl and rosie26 like this.
  4. SOC

SOC Senior Member

Such a tragedy! :(

We need to put more effort into convincing patients it is not shameful to be sick. Shame and embarrassment take an unnecessary and uncalled-for toll in an already emotionally devastating illness. Our youth seem particularly sensitive to being shamed for being ill. We need to fight that thinking with everything we've got or we're going to lose more and more patients to emotional trauma.

Damn those BPS bastards!

SDSue, Valentijn, Sushi and 2 others like this.
  5. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    I don't know if this has already been posted, but a beautiful young MIT student suffering from POTS found it too much to bear. Full article here.

I put this in member's only thread. Let's please remember to keep the tone respectful and reverent lest her family or friends be hurt even more deeply.

PNR2008 likes this.
  6. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Really sad. She was so young and beautiful.

See more popular forum discussions.