1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

teenage chat

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by dmbaken, Jul 13, 2013.

1. dmbaken

dmbaken

Hi,

My wife and three of my daughters have ME/CFS. The youngest of them is about to turn 17 and has had ME/CFS since she was about 5. She's spent little time at school and rarely gets to leave the house. She has recently got a laptop and has been trying to find people to chat and make friends. She's found foggy friends but we live in NZ and so FF is pretty quiet when she's awake. She tried some non ME ones but often ends up talking to guys who are just inappropriate.

Does anyone know of ME chat rooms that will be appropriate for a teenager and will have people awake during NZs day time.

Thanks

Don
    lnester7 likes this.
  2. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    she could try the Not Crazy forums (Australia and New Zealand ME/CFS boards), but there is no chat. It is a little quiet, and not sure how many teens.
    http://forum.notcrazy.net/index.php

Dolphin, do you know of anything?
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

FoggyFriends is a big, friendly forum which has a lot of people in teens and 20s which has a chat room:
    http://www.foggyfriends.org/forum

However:

It's mainly for people in the UK but has people from other countries too. Also, people with ME often tend to be awake at odd hours.

People on some of the Facebook groups for parents might have suggestions.
    WillowJ likes this.
  4. dmbaken

dmbaken

Thanks for those thoughts. She has normal sleep patterns so we thought those we reversed sleep patterns from the uk would be on while she's awake but there are not as many as we thought. We will keep looking. We will check out 'not crazy'
  5. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I sent you a message ("Conversation"), too, Don.
  6. H.M.

H.M.

Michigan
    I'm 19 and have had ME for 7 years. If your daughter wants someone to talk to, I'd be happy to give you my email address.
  7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I remember that a group of young ones from here years ago.. started up their own group or chat. It was for ME ones who were under 25 years old. Maybe someone can put you onto them if they still meet somewhere.
  8. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    I believe the age is for those under 40. I think the name of the website is heelkick.
  9. Carts1

Carts1

Don I've sent you a PM
  10. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    That isnt the group that was originally from here that I was thinking of, the age was definately 25yrs and younger..Ive never heard of heelkick. I was too old to join the one Im thinking of.
  11. Kina

Ontario, Canada

heelkick was started by a member here -- mojoey. I believe they have a chat room too.
  12. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    oh thanks Kina.. I think I must then have the name wrong and they must of changed the age thing after I first heard about it as I wanted to join it but was too old.
  13. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I think HealKick may not accept members under 18.
  14. Kina

Ontario, Canada
    That could well be, it's not clear on their homepage.
  15. dmbaken

dmbaken

Thanks everyone for your ideas. We will explore those.

Don

See more popular forum discussions.