1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Teacher struck off professional register for effects of ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...e-removed-from-professional-register.23975922

This made me both sad and angry. Where was the support, the compassion and the help she required?

NEXT: Experts issue warnings for avalanche and blizzard risk ยป

peggy-sue, Valentijn and taniaaust1 like this.
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    Sounds like she really wasnt well enough to be working and probably knew it so resigned knowing she wouldnt pass an investigation.

I hope she gets some kind of disability payment from the gov thou I know the trouble she could have getting it.

beaker and peggy-sue like this.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Its just so sad having to resign off the register totally. I lost my job after it had been kept open for me for 2 yrs, I was so grateful for that as it gave me hope during that time, I just stopped registering on my professional register after that, seems a kinder way of letting go than 'being removed'. Shame she wasn't allowed to do the same, they like their pound of flesh don't they. In retrospect she pushed herself on when she was sick, that's what we do....she was punished for it.
    At least she can rest now, lets hope her health can improve too.

See more popular forum discussions.