1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tasting the wrapping used for foods ?

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by xchocoholic, Sep 7, 2012.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Hi there ...

I'm awake because I had an adrenaline rush.

I ate some lamb that I bought at Whole Foods the other day and froze it
    in the meat freezer paper they wrapped it in. I cooked it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It tasted great going down but that's how this works for me. I only taste the wrapper later but now I'll
    taste it right away if I eat anymore of that meat. Bummer .. Whole Foods is an hour away from me and I needed that meat. I've gotten so sensitive that I can only eat their fresh meat, some frozen scallops and fresh salmon (even tho it's actually loosely wrapped in a styrofoam pkg).

Over the past couple of years, I stopped eating most wrapped foods, esp meats, because the flavor of the wrapper feels toxic to me. I had to stop eating individually wrapped frozen fish fillets, Maverik Ranch beef, sea veggies, etc.

This was the brown paper so I thought it might be ok. I knew the white paper was a problem. I'm reacting
    to white paper towels now too. I need all natural tp now too. I know it didn't help that I had to heat the meat in order to get
    one if those meat divider sheets out from between two lamb steaks.

I took a
    Himalaya liver care which always brings back up the flavor of whatever my liver can't deal with. I'm regretting
    that right now tho. Bleh ! Bleh ! Bleh !

I hate to but I guess I'll have to take a charcoal in a few minutes. I don't think they're supposed to but they
    always constipate me. I'll drink some Natural calm to counteract that. What a mess.

I'm sure this is a mcs thing but I wondered if others were dealing with this ? My tongue and throat feel coated with whatever is in that paper. I feel poisoned.

Does anyone have any tips ? Thanks ... X

Eta. The charcoal helped get rid of most of the taste within a few minutes. : ) I've got some phlegm now tho. Barf ..
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Charcoal constipates me too.. I think that actually isnt at all abnormal.

Sorry you're having issue with food wrappers (Ive only had tht issue a few times.. I wont defrost foods in microwave in any wrappers etc)
  3. xchocoholic

Florida
    Hi tan,

I didn't realize charcoal was constipating. I knew it produced black poo but thought that was it.
    It seems to be helping so that's a relief. Coughing up phlegm is a surprise but I guess that's
    just my body detoxing. Better out than in .. Lol ..

I started out reacting to a few things too. Canned foods have been out of my diet for at least
    14 years. I've sure lost a lot of money over this. : (

Tc .. X
  4. xchocoholic

Florida
    I just googled mast cells mcs and read that this could be related. But despite taking 20 mg Wal-zyr,
    10 mg brand name zyrtec, 10 mg claritin and 1 tsp children's benadryl yesterday I reacted to this.

At least that gives me another treatment option I can try.

G nite .. I hope .. X
  5. xchocoholic

Florida
    Ok, after waiting 30 minutes for the charcoal to work, I took natural calm, 100 mg theanine, 2 1/2 mg melatonin, 100 mg 5htp, tbsp children"s benadryl and 1/2 of of a .125 mg of klonopin and was sound asleep in 30 minutes. I can barely taste it this morning. :) Before learning about how to deal with this sort of reaction, I'd have been miserable for days. :ill:

I'm doing ok but a little drowsy. Coffee and Wal-zyr are helping tho ... fwiw, i'm not getting the charge out of coffee like I was last year. That stopped prior to taking any anti histamines tho. :D
    I'm guessing the Klonopin helps with that.

tc ... x

See more popular forum discussions.