1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Taste impairment

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by caremom, Apr 18, 2014.

1. caremom

caremom

Australia
    Wonder anyone experience loss of taste sensation and any remedy for this? My son has this for the past 3 weeks. Thanks.
  2. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    @caremom

Loss of taste could possibly be from a zinc deficiency. You can try a zinc tally taste test and see how your son reacts to that.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I have an altered taste. Bad sleep or ertain things I eat cause certain alterations. Like oatmeal can make it salty.

Mine got much better after DMPS chelation.
  4. jann1033

jann1033 Senior Member

I get weird metallic tastes. Kind if like if you sucked on a penny. Have never been able to relate it to anything I've used. I also pick up on every smell around too though so thought since smell is so much of taste they could be related. I did read those are part of Me/CFS.
  5. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Have you checked for oral thrush?
    That really messes up taste.:(
  6. jann1033

jann1033 Senior Member

Yeah, don't have it

See more popular forum discussions.