1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Time Change Equals Jet Lag, ME/CFS Style
Jody Smith marvels at how much difference one hour can make to those with ME/CFS, as much of the world has endured The Time Change in recent weeks ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tarvacin "Anti-PS" antiviral immunotherapy

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by acer2000, Nov 18, 2009.

1. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

I found this information when surfing HIV forums lookin for info on new anti-retroviral therapies (with a focus on eradication):

This compound is called "Bavituximab" or "Tarvacin" - at least I think they are the same. Made by a company called Peregrine Pharmaceuticals. About halfway through this article on the NIH site it lists most of the pathogens this is effective against.

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/Biodefense/PDF/tarvacin.pdf

Anti-Phospholipid Therapy / Bavituximab Anti-Viral

Duke University's Human Vaccine Institute and the Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI) is currently investigating PS as a potential target for preventing and treating HIV infection.
  2. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

3. minimus

minimus

Although it looks promising, it is a bad sign (to me at least) that the stock market value of Peregrine has declined 91% since 1996.
  4. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Not sure if that would be a good sign that they are ripe for a buy out or should that have taken place before they fell that far?

See more popular forum discussions.