1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tarvacin "Anti-PS" antiviral immunotherapy

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by acer2000, Nov 18, 2009.

1. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

I found this information when surfing HIV forums lookin for info on new anti-retroviral therapies (with a focus on eradication):

This compound is called "Bavituximab" or "Tarvacin" - at least I think they are the same. Made by a company called Peregrine Pharmaceuticals. About halfway through this article on the NIH site it lists most of the pathogens this is effective against.

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/Biodefense/PDF/tarvacin.pdf

Anti-Phospholipid Therapy / Bavituximab Anti-Viral

Duke University's Human Vaccine Institute and the Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI) is currently investigating PS as a potential target for preventing and treating HIV infection.
  2. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

3. minimus

minimus

Although it looks promising, it is a bad sign (to me at least) that the stock market value of Peregrine has declined 91% since 1996.
  4. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Not sure if that would be a good sign that they are ripe for a buy out or should that have taken place before they fell that far?

See more popular forum discussions.