• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tap water in coffee enemas?

outdamnspot

Can someone please clear this up for me.

I do coffee enemas 4-5 times a week.

I'm in Australia and have been using tap water -- for both the enema itself, and the short water rinse I perform afterwards.

Supposedly Australian tap water is really clean, but am I putting myself at risk here? Do the dangers of using tap water outweigh the benefits of doing CE's? I asked on a Facebook group and got a lot of hysterical answers about how I could die, so would rather ask here where people are more .. umm .. sane :)

Part of the reason I ask is because the CE's used to help a lot initially (for adrenal issues and the like) but I feel like I've been deteriorating lately -- and wonder if the CE's are contributing, or are just not helping like they used to.

helen1

I've been using tap water in mine for a few years and am not deteriorating :) Tap water is good quality here though there is a small amount of chlorine in it, so not ideal but still not bad. @outdamnspot