1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tania's journal of drug treatments and other ME things

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by taniaaust1, Dec 28, 2011.

1. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    @taniaaust1 you might also want to consider contacting the SA Law Society.

Ask them for contact details for law firms that are willing to do pro bono work. Some law firms take on certain cases for free in the spirit of giving back to the community.

I think you will have more success in trying the larger firms that can afford to take on these cases.

Best wishes
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Thank you Andy, I hadnt thought of that so will do that if the small local one wont take on my case and try that.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Cause she hasnt been giving me the help Im needing, I suspect she has been taken in by them, they managed to convince her they dont have enough info on my health issues to give me extra support! That makes no sense to me at all when 3 drs backed I needed a wheelchair). She doesnt understand ME at all and when I had got together good info on it for her to take and read (on our first meeting).. she wouldnt take it and said she didnt need it. (all she was interested in was doctors letters and my doctors havent written much in reports I could use other then "she can only walk 4 steps" and the fact I have "CFS").

Our ME/CFS societies need part time advocates to help people such as myself. A normal advocate who doesnt understand ME is simply no good (based on what Im experiencing).
    golden, MeSci and Valentijn like this.
  4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I'll bawling right now, Im too sick to be dealing with the bullshit they are putting me throu. Im soo stressed out all the time over my needs not being met, the state of my house, going without meals and basically my whole life is falling apart (eg insurance claims I should of fought being left as I was too sick to deal with them etc and its probably too late now to get payments back) as Im struggling so much at keeping up with things.

I dont know what on earth is happening today seeing the agency screwed up on Tuesday and sent a worker covered in perfume. They havent managed as yet to contact my other worker as it takes two people to take me out shopping, I need to go to post office, go to also bank to activate the bank card I broke, drop something into the library they've requested (cause I screwed something up), go to the pet store and my frogs are out of food... etc and on top of this I was hoping to be taken to the local soliters to ask about pro bono work (I thought it would be better for them to see Im actually in a wheelchair with support workers rather then just rang them and ask..thou I dont now right now what they are called so couldnt just do that right now anyway).

Currently need to go to all those places and go food shopping too in 90mins when the place i need to get crickets from is 15mins drive away (so half an hour there). My frogs are giving me such joy so Im not going to get rid of them!! surely its not too much to think I should be able to be taken somewhere 15mins away once every 2-3 weeks but nope.. I just dont have the support time and such a simple little thing will probably mean my dishes wont be done and I'll have to wait another 4 days for them to be done.

I rang my advocate (Letha) today on the realisation that I do not have enough time to get the things I need done today done (getting to a lawyer down the road to ask a quick .will you take a case like this on thing would impact upon my needed support time no matter when I do it and I think the sooner the better.. I cant go on like this.. things here are just falling apart more and more and its ending up costing me money from the issues. The disability and advocating complaints place thou say Letha isnt working today and wont be in till Monday (she must only work a couple of times a week).

So I rang the HCSCC (health and community services complaints) place dealing with my case and did manage to get hold of the one managing me there. She said they were still waiting on my doctor to contact them since June with a precise list of my needs. All I know is my doctor (Dr Jasmine McInyre) who spoke to them did not realise this as from what she'd said to me, I got the impression that she was under the impression from them that there was nothing she could do throu them (I think they got her to ring someone else). She was trying hard to work out how to help me and if it was as simple as doing a letter to another agency, she would of done it..as it is,she's already done several letters (but all to disabilitysa). Anyway, everything is a mess and everyone is confused on what is supposed to be done. They told me to speak to my doctor and let her know that they are waiting on her letter.

All I know about it is that Disability services (DisabilitySA) said that they would sent a list of questions to my doctor which they wanted answered and that as far as Im aware, hasnt at all been done. (and they ignored me when I said a certain doctor was on leave and I think they sent a request to him asking for an update .. and as far as I know not the questions they said. Its like they are drawing out as long as possible.. why go sending something to a doctor which is on leave and not to my other doctors?). Are they trying to draw this out hoping I'll just recover??????

Anyway.. so I ring my doctor as the HCSCC said and thou my doctor has said we may have to discuss things on phones at times as she knows disabilitysa are being idiots and not helping me get to drs.. the receptionist goes to me "if you cant come in, the doctor will probably not be able to ring you back at all, people who book appointments come first" I then asked.. well can she ring me tomorrow then.. only to be told.. she couldnt say (the receptionist made me feel like some kind of second rate patient .. with no importance as I just cant get there!!). It made me feel even more upset as if I arent upset enough already over things today.. that it looks as if they may not even get my doctor to ring me (it made me feel like I was being).

So I rang the Equal opportunity commission.. only to be told the one dealing with my case isnt in (and they will ring back. I was bawling on the phone by this point)>

Im in a no win situation all over the place! It seems the sicker you are.. the less important you become! (you are no longer important as you cant get into the clinic). I really really need to go into that local lawyers today to try to do SOMETHING about this (and if that fails then ring the law society).

The HCSCC.. told me to just beg the fill in worker today (one Ive probably never met before) to work overtime to get the urgently needed done things today done and then get my advocate to sort it out.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  5. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    :( no one in the chat room and right now Im starting to feel suicidal.. Im soo SICK OF THIS SHIT!! Thank God a support worker will be at my place within the next hour or so (not sure when). If my emotions keep on going on like this Im likely to do something stupid. I truely do not right now feel like I can cope with all the bullshit Im being put throu by the gov agencies.

I try so very hard to be postive even with all the stuff they are doing to me.. cause I dont want them to win and be able to say I was mentally ill. But this is starting to wreck me mentally. Right now Im feeling like I do not know how much of more of this I can cope with and right now I ARE wanting to hurt myself. I do not feel like I can stand right now how emotional I feel over it all.

Inside Im screaming at myself BE STRONG, BE STRONG.. if I fall apart, Im not going to get nothing at all done today.
  6. AndyPandy

Australia
    Hi Tania

So sorry you are feeling so bad today. I have sent you a PM if you want to have a conversation. Sending you love.
    MeSci and taniaaust1 like this.
  7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    .. im okay.. rang the clinic back in tears and told the receptionist that I was feeling suicidal. She then tried to give me an appointment there with another doctor then my own tonight **sighs..they do not understand "I cant get there" . Anyway.. since then my doctor rang and told me not to stress. So I was able to pass on the info I was told to give her by the other dept. and that they said they had been waiting on a letter from her since June. My doctor to that said that she did send them a letter but obviously they've lost it!! (this kind of things keeps happening to me with depts).

So my doctor says she'll send another one to them. Im feeling emotionally much better since talking to my doctor even if only for 5mins. At least Im now not in a hopeless situation in which I couldnt have spoken to my doctor to pass on the info which was needed due to a receptionist. (the dr said she'll talk to the receptionist about it).
    golden, merylg, MeSci and 1 other person like this.
  8. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Im okay..I did have a very bad moment. I hate it when everything gets to me like that. Sushi ended up chatting to me in chat.

thanks

edit. @AndyPandy I dont know if you have gone so this is the case or if you've bumped a setting but one can reply to your pm message as it comes up

"Conversation Status:
    Not open for further replies. "

Anyway.. just letting you know.
    AndyPandy likes this.
  9. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    I know it's easy to say, Tania, but please hang on in there. A lot of people here care about you.

I know how infuriating it is when people assume that you can just get to places. I get that too - people asking me about shops on the far side of town and even places outside town, and I just have to keep telling them that these places might as well be on the moon if one has no car and there is no public transport. I've even seen it on here: "Jump in a car and drive..." Jump? What car? Drive? It does make you feel as though you are almost an alien.

I know that the problems are even greater for you, needing people to help you physically. But you're not alone, even if it feels like it. Can you give your cat a cuddle? That sometimes helps a bit.
    taniaaust1 and Valentijn like this.
  10. AndyPandy

Australia
    Thanks. I don't know much about how the conversation or chat parts work! Think I locked you out :( sorry.
  11. Indigophoton

Indigophoton

UK
    Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time of it Tania.

A small thing that might help with
    Could you buy some crickets online for now? This place http://www.livefoods.com.au/ has them, and I'm sure the people in the frog forums would be able to advise on more options if you needed them.

It would at least take the pressure off, keep the frogs going, and help you get other things accomplished: you could always go back to visiting the pet/bait shop in person when there is less on your plate.

(As someone who can't leave the house at all, I've had to become adept at finding everything I and my :cat: need online!:))
    taniaaust1 and MeSci like this.
  12. AndyPandy

Australia
    Hi Tania. If the bank has posted your new card to you, you may be able to activate it by phoning the bank, rather than having to go in.

They usually send a letter with the new card that has a phone number you can call. Think it is usually a 24 hr automated service so you don't actually have to talk to anyone, just follow the prompts.

Hope you are able to get it sorted out.

Best wishes.
  13. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    :) Its fine. I have no idea how that lock out thing works. I hope you havent accidently locked out everyone.
  14. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    thanks for the suggestion. I have purposely avoided doing that as lots of animals die in the mail so I believe its animal cruelity. I actually still struggle some with feeding the poor crickets to the frogs but at least they are eatten before they realise it.
  15. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I didnt ring it as I have had heaps of trouble with phone banking stuff in the past eg struggling to ID myself on the phone and answer their questions being asked due to my memory issues. A couple of times in the past Ive ended up in tears on the phone due to that and couldnt do what I was trying to do.. hence why I wanted to activate it from the bank as then I can just show ID.
  16. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Just Home from Hospital again, spent the whole night there
    Part One

Yesterday.. everything went wrong for me and it ended up resulting in collapsing and not being able to get up again and an ambulance having to be rung. Once again I needed not one but two bags of saline throu an IV.

First of all after I calmed down from feeling suicidal (thanks to my doctor phoning me and Sushi chatting to me in chat), my support worker arrived. Unfortunately her new job she's got and which she is rushing from to get to me on a Friday is with a group of people, it turned out her clothes from being around a group of people obviously in an enclosed space, were covered with perfume. Same with her car as it had gone from her clothes all over it.

So I went in the fill in support workers car to the shops.. turned out he hadnt been told to take ALL air fresheners out, he said it thought it wouldnt matter as it was very old. Yeah I agree it was very old as it wasnt giving off much smell at all and what little there was, was pleasent but the thing is I ended up developing a sore throat it. So I asked him if he could place it in the other support workers car and get it from her afterwards but he said he'd throw it out.

I do not think it threw it out like he said he would, I suspect he actually lied to me and he just hid it in the car in the pocket of the door. People do not realise what trouble they cause me till it was too late! So was two chemical hits before we even made the shops.

I got taken to the lawyers, only to be told he knocked off at 4pm and I'd only just missed him (so grabbed his business card but his secretary said she will get someone to ring me on Monday). We made the pet shop in time but went to make the library to drop what we had to off, only to find it had just closed and even stupidly.. they didnt have the library return chute opened (so that now has to be done another day). (I had one worker do my shopping while the other worker was running me around to the places I had to go).

By the end of all this, I wasnt all that great. I meet the worker who had done my shopping at the shopping centre just so I could pay for it there (seeing they arent allowed to use my bankcard) but then collapsed when going from the wheelchair to the car (only a few steps).. I managed to fall towards the wheelchair so avoided falling into a puddle of water. (It was very wet and horrid out there).

We got home and I still wasnt okay to walk myself. So the new support worker (as my house hasnt been unpacked from a house move 18mths ago so we cant get a wheelchair from car to my bed!) half carried me and I half walked.. my legs just suddenly giving way completely 3 times on the way.. I ended up crawling on the dirty floor and by the time I'd crawled into the kitchen (I still down a hallway to crawl and throu a bedroom to crawl to get to my bed).. I was bawling by this time. My support time had run out and I had no idea when I would be next even able to stand (and its exhausting crawling!!! and even worst when you are getting dirt all over your clothes and hands and floors yuck). So I ended up saying ring an ambulance!

My support worker as I wasnt at all capable of putting shopping away had already gone overtime to do that and thank God there had been a mistake by the support agency.. and the other worker who had come to take me shopping he was accidently given an extra half an hour (otherwise we would of been very screwed as it was I may of made him a little late for his next job).

So my normal support worker stayed with me doing more overtime (they get paid if an ambulance has been rung as they arent allowed to leave the client in this situation till ambulance arrives). As I was still able to speak even thou I was collapsed on a cold floor, it was viewed as a non priority case so I think it took about maybe up to 2 hrs for that ambulance to arrive (it was longer then an hour). They were surprised I was still on the floor **sighs** what did they expect?

Turned out the ambulances were all busy as Flinders Medical Centre (one of our three top hospitals in the main city) was over full and they were having to move patients from that hospital to my small local hospital... so this meant not only was there long ambulance waits but also chaos at my small local hospital at Nourlunga too due to the influx of people coming in from the main city hospital. (Ambulance people told me they were being rung for a lot of stupid things too eg people with just colds phoning).

I'll do part two later. At the hospital I hardly slept all night (there was a disabled person making aweful loud noises all night) so are doing this post is being a big effort right now.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    golden, Valentijn and Little Bluestem like this.
  17. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @taniaaust1 I am so sorry to hear about your whole ordeal and it sounds awful. Please know that you have lots of people here on PR literally around the world who are rooting and cheering for you. I hope your time at the hospital was ultimately helpful for you and you can get some well deserved rest. Praying for you to have a much better day tomorrow.
    Ritto, taniaaust1, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  18. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Part Two

The ambulance people, it was horrid. Im on the floor of my kitchen where I'd been for maybe a couple of hours by this point by the time they arrived (lower priority as I had been able to speak) and they ask me to walk out of the house to the ambulance!

When I said I didnt want to end up unconsious or having a near seizure (lots of shaking) and could do either if I got up, they go "just get up and sit in this chair" and pulled one of my chairs over. I'm like "NO!" (Im not good sitting with my legs hanging down even at my best times). They then go "well how are we to help you then" (which wasnt really said in a nice tone).

My support worker by this time is as frustrated with the ambuance people as I was so she's getting on their back that I need an IV. I think she told them that about 5-6 times. (I think the ones they sent out may of been the ones capable of giving IVs in peoples homes if approved). The ambulance people go "well we need to see what is happening".. At this I lost my cool, so started to yell at the ambulance officers (Im finally loosing at people! Ive had enough!). I hate feeling so sick and then having people treat me so poor cause Im young (Im sure if I was elderly they would of put me onto a drip). I yelled at them "Im not your F***EN GUINEA PIG!!" or something along those lines. At this point they stopped harrassing me about getting up but will still going "well how are we going to get you into the ambulance" ***sighs*** darn it.. just like they should get any collapsed person who cant walk there!!

After I'd basically yelled at them, they finally stopped harrassing me to do something to make myself worst just so they could see what happens and we then started discussing what could of caused my collapse. eg I didnt know if I'd remembered my meds, I didnt know if Ive eatten at all that day etc. At that one of them said "there is too many variables here so we'd best not". From that, Im assuming they must of been paramedics who were able to give people IVs in their own home which this time had been sent to try to treat me at home (hospitals being full, I guess they hadnt really wanted me taken there).

So to there "How we going to get you into the ambulance?" I got them to get my wheelchair which has RAISED LEGS and said I'd try to climb up on that so they could push me out (they didnt want to bring stretcher in) which they then said, if you go to fall we cant help you as we cant risk our backs. Good on you ambulance guys.. you were going to try to make me try to walk and werent even going to catch me when I fell! (AUGH!).

Fortunately I managed to pull myself up onto and into my wheelchair without incident and they then got me outside to the stretcher and took me to the hospital.
    golden, Ritto, merylg and 1 other person like this.
  19. AndyPandy

Australia
    Appalling. So sorry you continue to experience this rubbish behaviour.
    golden and MeSci like this.
  20. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Part Three

My dystolic when taken by the ambulance officers was over 170/106, (it could of been 116 dystolic) Shockingly this was with me SITTING UP.. it spikes up when I stand, so goodness knows what it would of been if I stood at that point.

My support worker finally got to go home (probably 2.5hrs or so overtime by this point which I hope she gets paid for). She fed my cat for me as she left.

The ambulance and me finally get to the hospital. Ambulances everywhere, some still with people inside of them waiting to be brought in as there is no beds and no room to bring people into the hospital. I get priority over some of the transfers outside waiting to be brought in, so Im stretchered in but they cant fit any more people into the room so we have to wait in the 2m? space glass entry way of the hospital, between the two moving hospital entrance doors.

After we waited there, I got told I was going to be next seen in the emergency room where no more stretchers could be left, so was asked if I could sit in that room on a chair if another chair was there for my legs. I flipped out at this idea at first as this is how I ended up a couple of months ago collapsed onto a hospital floor, after being taken in by ambulance and stretchered, Ive been left alone sitting legs up with no one to aid me as I got more unweller in my condition due to sitting up... and hence ended up being found collapsed on the floor by a nurse.

They ended up reassuring me they'd make sure that didnt happen to me again this time and that I'd be sitting only a couple of metres from where all the nurses were so I could immediately tell someone if I was about to fall out of the chair (or pass out). So I finally agreed to that, they stretchered me to the chair and took the stretcher back out (thou the only gap in the room).

They kept their word and I was next to be seen in the emergency dept. (actually I cant remember a doctor seeing me at all, I think it was a nurse??).. anyway.. a female came over and said I was going to be taken straight to the short stay ward. So they got a wheelchair and took me there.

As I wasnt as quite as sick this time as the previous times Ive been taken to hospital.. the wait for the doctor to see me in the short stay ward wasnt as hellish (its usually a nightmare), as the wait for the doctor usually is (I wasnt feeling like I was about to passout or worsening as I was laying there). So I dont know how long I waited before a doctor came.

Next the slight interrogation (it always feels like that when a doctor doesnt understand the condition), he got annoyed as I hadnt remembered to bring all my drugs into the hospital with me (the ambulance officers had picked them up and looked at them but didnt bring them with them like I thought they would of done). I did thou have my epi pen with me, my allergy pills and my asthma puffer.

My brain wasnt doing great and when asked my condition and I said POTS... doctor didnt understand that. So I then tried to say the full name of the condition but as I often are when in this state, well my brain wouldnt work well so I couldnt remember the word orthostatic. Next when he wanted to know what drugs I was on (I dont understand why that wasnt on the ambulance form thing as they had that info) and I said Florinef, the doctor didnt know what it was and asked me "how do you spell that?". With my head the way it was.. well I couldnt spell it to him. (he seemed a bit more annoyed at this point). So he goes "Im going to have to look at your case notes!" and off he went. (that's weird, I thought a doctor who has a person who has regularly of late ended up at the hospital needing treatment would of read my case notes before seeing me).

He comes back after reading them.. seemed in a better frame of mine and goes "I see they gave you saline IV on the other times you were here".. so he'd decided to do that too.

Nurse had trouble getting a vein and after trying several times had to head off for a smaller needle. Then she remembered she'd had me before and had trouble then too. She finally got the catheder into my vein and then I was finally on the IV I needed.

Things went great from there, that is till my IV was 2/3 gone and the doctor came back and decided he wanted to do test my orthostatic issues.. **sighs** using the wrong test for orthostatic issues they all do at that hospital! (Whoever is training the hospital workers to test for orthostatic issues, have trained them all wrongly.. something really needs to be done about thais. So many people passing throu the Nourlunga hospital must be being told they have no orthostatic issues at all when in fact they do. The old guy in the bed next door to me was in there due to collapse they said they couldnt work out the cause for).

I was sitting up by this point 2/3 the way throu the 1L of saline IV.. and their way of testing to see if I was fine was to have me lay down from that sitting and immediately take my BP and pulse as soon as I laid, then immediately get me up and take it again right away when standing. I didnt see my result but was told my BP was a bit high to which they blamed stress for, so the doctor takes the IV away before Ive even got the 1L and pronouces me fine to go.. Im like "I probably need that!" if my BP is still high (I really wasnt still sure how I was symptom at this point.. which is usually a sign I arent right still). Anyway.. doctor goes and discharges me anyway after a quick walk with me attached to the BP monitor for about 1min.

I made it to out of that ward and into the next room where I realised I'd forgot my cardigan.. so walked back for it. Before I could get back to it, I collapsed onto the hospital floor shaking (I went hard too.. really wacked down into it). Someone visiting another patient who saw me slam down into the floor, went to get the doctor. The doctor stands there (Im still shaking) and goes "you are fine.. your BP and that was fine". The nurse goes and gets a chair and they tell me to get up off the floor and sit on the seat. Im like "I cant!" (my head was spinning like crazy.. I cant believe he said that, they could see that I was all shaky). Doctor gets pushy and insists I get up onto the chair as "you cant stay laying on the floor".. I go "well I cant get up, I'll go straight back down". (I was feeling quite badly).

At this point Im in a real diplema.. Im fearing the doctor is about to call the police or security to have me picked off the floor and thrown out of the hospital due to how the doctor is acting just over him doing the test wrongly before and it coming out fine (thou high). The doctor has got very annoyed at me. He stomps off. Im still laying there.

A nurse steps into the situation and is now sitting in the previously offered to me chair, while Im on still on hospital floor, she says she'll test my BP etc when Im up to it. Five minutes go by before my severe headspins start to settle down and I say I feel okay enough to try to crawl back to the bed (I'd fallen just in the enterence of the room in which had the bed Ive previously been in). Doctor walks back in.. and starts having a go at me while Im crawling to the bed. Gives me a huge lecture about how if I want his help I need to listen to him (yeah sure, he just wanted to kick me out of there). I let his angry words flow over me as after all, Im in a crawling marathon to make the bed and drag myself up off the floor. Finally Im up on the bed without further incident, while he's still angrily going on.

The nurse is straight over to take my BP for a laying reading.. I told her to wait for 5 minutes at the very least for my BP to stabilize first, preferably 10.. Thank God this nurse listens so goes off for 5mins. She then comes back and does my BP. I then stand and she takes it again (fortunately I managed to convince her she'd at least need to take it for 5mins and not just take it on the spot and that's it). My BP goes up, my heart rate is going up, my heart starts missing beats. The reading isnt good. I sit back onto the bed. The doctor cames back and wants it taken again..

So once again this dr is doing testing in a stupid way.. no laying down first.. he gets my reading when sitting which he wants to compare with a 1 minute standing one. I go into fear.. will this next test appear too normal and are I about to be just kicked out again? (I so hate it when those who dont understand things at all are trying to test). I take some deep breaths and manage to calm myself down for the sitting BP (interesting I noticed as like when I use a pendulum to do dowsing with, I can slow my heart rate a bit with sheer concentation and effort on slowing it down). I then stand straight up like he wanted for him to take instant standing BP.. thou Im still feeling completely calm, its spiking and my heart rate is too. My BP suddenly spikes out at nearly 200 (it got up to 194 or 197), it did this sudden massive jump. The nurse does this big gasp of shock.

As my BP nears 200, my legs start to shake and I get a urge.. NEED TO SIT or I will soon fall!. I sit down (against doctors wishes, He wanted me to remain standing more but I wasnt about to have myself end up going slamming into the floor just for him.

The dr isnt about to admit he was wrong and blames stress for my severe sudden BP spike up (he goes.. stress can mess with heart rate and BP and this is what is happening) but he does immediately tell the nurse to go and get me another bag of saline IV for me. His manner towards me isnt good.

3/4rds the way throu the second bag of saline, the doctor comes in and goes "I want to test your BP again laying and standing". Once again, he wants to test in the wrong manner.. I start freaking out "oh no, not again!". I do thou feel much better this time, so know maybe this time I will be fine if he removes it. (I get happy when Im well hydrated due to feeling good, Im actually smiling after all my ordeal there, the health change status makes a huge difference to how I emotionally feel). But I make sure I do inform him again.. if Im hydrated enough, my dystolic is normally in the 70s when laying and you should see that. He takes my BP .. to my satisfication.. my dystolic is finally in the 70s this time and not 90 like it was when after the first saline IV was given. Im now sure I will be okay to go home.

The BP in the 70s destroys the doctors theory that Im suffering from normal hypertension too.

He tests me then standing up.. I didnt see my standing results but could hear my heart did speed up (so I assume it showed POTS in that 1 minute he did the test for).

Thank God I was fine to go home at this point as he discharged me (I then had to worry about perfumes, airfresheners and taxis. There was a nurse with a bad for me perfume at the hospital but fortuntely she hadnt been given to me as my nurse so only walked by once, so on this occassion there was no big issues with perfumes).

I could hear the doctor after he discharged me, in the room talking to the nurses in like disbelief, going "that shouldnt happen! that shouldnt happen!" I think he was talking about me (he actually acted very nice this time when he discharged me..seemed an attitude change). I'd copped a lot of shit this visit with also the nurses going on that it was impossible to have low fluid volume and POTS and high blood pressure (and one point a couple of the nurses had an arguement with me too). Well I guess my body proved them all wrong. (One nurse still was showing a bad attitude towards me as I left).

So all up in the latest incident, I had big issues with 2 ambulance officers, 2 nurses and a doctor and was at risk of being thrown out of the hospital while still in a very bad way. Its a bit frightening. I would of probably collapsed in my driveway at home in the wee hours of the morn (it was very cold too), had I got to the point where an taxi took me home before I was safe to be up walking about.

I'll be ringing my GP Monday about all this and about how I almost got thrown out of hospital in a collapsing state by security (I truely believe that is what would of happened, had that nurse not had intervened re the doctor!! thank God she did). Then what would of happened??? would the ambulance people been told not to pick me up again???

Note.. the dr when I discharged me the first time before I was ready, he said he'd spoken to the senior doctor about my case and he said to do that too and said if I wanted a second opinion he'd get the senior doctor over. (I cant see how that would of helped seeing the senior doctor had backed him). Thank God I collapsed again while still in hospital where a nurse intervened.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    Ritto, merylg and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.