May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tamiflu: Over $20bn of public money has been spent on stockpiling drugs of uncertain benefit...

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Firestormm, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm

Cornwall England

2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    This is pervasive throughout medicine. Further, its a key factor in psychogenic medicine and ME .. slim and skewed evidence bases.

3. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

LOL! I just logged on to post an article about the same subject.

The lack of transparency as well as unpublished data about Tamiflu misled the medical community which in turn impacted patients. This is an excellent example why transparency is essential for Science based studies.:)

Another article:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org

Barb.

4. Ecoclimber

Ecoclimber Senior Member

Why stop there. Why not mention the fact that the vaccine by GlaxoSmithKline and the Pandemrix H1N1 swine flu vaccine caused serious and irreversible damage to those vaccinated.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/pandemrix-narcolepsy-swine-flu-shot-britain_n_2588859.html

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...link-to-gsk-swine-flu-shot.21476/#post-327592

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50890438/...c-says-flu-vaccine-barely-worked-over-s-year/
    The flu vaccine barely worked to protect elderly people this year, and it helped prevent illness in just 56 percent of adults and children overall, federal health officials said Thursday

The flu vaccine reduced the chances of illness by just 9 percent in people over 65, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports. Overall, it reduced illness by 56 percent.

Although this year’s vaccine was considered a good match for the most common circulating flu viruses, it still only provided 47 percent protection against the main virus, called H3N2, the CDC said in its weekly report on death and illness

I'm mot opposed to vaccinations per se but let's have full disclosue and transparency in all aspects of the pharma industry.

Hmmm...

5. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

The flu vaccine is not 100% effective and I would hope medical professionals are aware of this. That being said, IMHO, the benefis outweigh the risks. I'm not saying there are no side effects/negative impact on patients, but I believe they are often overstated and not backed up by the scientific data.

The article I cited does mention the effacacy of the flu vaccine but not the side effects/impact for those getting the vaccination. However there are many blogs on the site which do discuss this. I don't have time to post these articles but they are easily accessed through the search function on the site.

Barb

6. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
  7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    This article doesnt surprise me one bit. What drug companies are are BUSINESSES.. and businesses are out to rake in profits for themselves. So they are like sales people.

Unfortunately these businesses control the research .. put the most money into research and only publish studies when appear good to them and leave out the rest (and journals not liking to publish negative studies as much as positive ones, help them along. The drug companies control medicine itself (conning your doctors and offering gifts etc to encourage them along).

8. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...dia-deceive-facts-regarding-flu-vaccine.aspx#!

9. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    Burn this quote into your consciousness. It is the central organizing principle of the entire medical industry. It explains why the riddle of our illness will not be solved, or even seriously investigated, until long after I'm dead. It explains why the concept of "customer service" is so foreign to the medical industry that we can't even get a callback or real followup from doctors offices.

To the medical industry, insurance companies and government funding agencies are the "customers", not us. We are just a stack of insurance claims. Patients are a nuisance, an impediment to getting out on the golf course. And if a patient is poor, it's best to not let them in the door.

At this point I have completely given up on the idea that there is a doctor somewhere on the earth who will actually improve my life, beyond prescribing band-aids to cover up a few symptoms.

Tammy and peggy-sue like this.
  10. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    It's called capitalism.

11. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    Yes indeed. I fought against it, for most of my life, until I got sick...

People of my generation have completely failed to even slow it down. I sure hope younger folks have more success, but I'm not optimistic it will be anytime soon.

See more popular forum discussions.