Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

taking too much L-methylfolate causes Jaundice?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by rik1, Jan 12, 2016.

1. rik1

rik1

Hi
    3 weeks ago i started taking L-methylfolate ~11mg a day , thinking it may help with depression. a week ago i developed Jaundice, i feel sick & tired, skin is yellow and very itchy , dark urine. i already have gilbert syndrome, but this is severe. a week ago i stopped taking L-methylfolate, but the symptoms won't go away. i tried taking b12 but it did not help.

2. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

It seems you have something else going on that needs medical attention.

Little Bluestem likes this.
  3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

@rik1 - Please go to your doctor or clinic ASAP. Let the receptionist know what your symptoms are so you can get in quickly.

Little Bluestem likes this.
  5. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    @rik1
    Sounds like liver problems such as I recently have suffered after taking a specific antibiotic known to do that sometimes. You need to get to a doctor and get tested, sooner rather than later. You need to find the cause if possible and stop doing it. Some common causes can be APAP, alcohol, some medications (some antibiotics and antifungals), some herbs, some viruses. This is not caused by methylfolate or other vitamins. Good luck.

See more popular forum discussions.