• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Taking/storing liquid LDN questions

Ocean

I got a bottle of liquid LDN. It says to store at room temp. but I remember some people saying to store it in the fridge? For those who take this, how do you store yours, and do you find the LDN stays good in the fridge for a long period? I remember someone saying it could be good even for a year? Do you drink the liquid LDN straight (after measuing obviously) or mix with water, etc? Thank you!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Ocean,

I get the liquid form from a different source (a pharmaceutical company in another country) and it has a preservative in it so has a long shelf-life--though I do store it in the fridge after it is opened. Mine has a printed expiration date.

You can squirt it (I use an insulin syringe with the needle removed for measurig) directly into your mouth if it doesn't bother your stomach. Some find it easier to take in water or some other liquid and some take a snack with it. I don't think it matters whether you take food with it or not, but I am no expert.

Have you asked the pharmacy that supplied it about storing it, whether it has a preservative, etc.?

Sushi

Ocean

I guess I can contact them. I just didn't want to call long distance. But I will plan to just to make sure I don't do anything wrong. Thanks for the nudge, and the info, Sushi.

penny

I get a liquid compound from Skips, it says to store in the fridge and I usually do and it seems to last (I think) from 45-60 days. I seem to notice it not working as well if I go too long, and I can tolerate higher doses if I am still taking it (if I didn't order my refill in time). It usually does have an expiration date as well though I haven't paid a lot of attention to that so am not sure how their recommendations line up with my 'gut feeling'.

I have also traveled with it for short periods (weekend trips) where I have left it unrefrigerated. I haven't noticed this shortening the life/efficacy, but I haven't done that very often so don't really know.

Ocean

Thanks so much. I checked my bottle and it does say to keep refridgerated. For some reason the paperwork that came with it says room temp. The expiration was not till October. Hopefully if I don't open it till I'm ready to use it in a few weeks that will help it last longer too.