1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tachycardia - high resting heart rate

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by snowathlete, May 7, 2013.

1. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I'm interested in this topic as I saw recently info on Facebook about an unpublished study that just finished on exercise and CFS. Was wondering why the researchers chose to concentrate on the resting HR as one of the major symptoms studied. A patient who was enrolled in the study said that the selection criteria was

"that patients must have 4 symptoms, 1) Severe muscle weakness, 2) Insomnia 3) Generalised Pain and 4) pulses of over 100bm"

That got me wondering on the population they were selecting and why the pulse rate?

(BTW, I am one of the people who feels hot, can have a flushed red face but my limbs feel cold, even when my abdomen is cold to the touch)
    snowathlete likes this.
  2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Sitting down. I'm sure it would be lower if I was lying down but then I wouldnt be able to compare to 'normal' rates...of course there might be 'norma' rates for lying down somewhere, but I haven't looked.
  3. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States

See more popular forum discussions.