• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tachycardia and electrolytes

alice111

What electrolyte imbalances can cause tachycardia?

Which electrolytes can improve tachycardia?

What is the best way to balance/replenish electrolytes without causing deficiencies?

Are there other causes/treatments for rapid heartbeat? (If there is another post where this is already answered can you please link me?)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I just found out my feeling my heart beat all the time was from low potassium. I started taking it when I started methylation and it made a huge difference. I used to take 30 mgs propranolol every night and now I'm taking 10 mgs and that's only because I didn't want to cold turkey.

When I feel it starting I grab 200 mgs potassium and I'm good.

I did try Nuun, which is an electrolyte balance but it didn't help like the potassium

And I don't have POTS. I just feel my heart beating all the time, annoying.

alice111

The potassium helped? Do you take any other electrolytes? Eg salt water, magnesium, calcium?
I have upped my potassium but it doesn't seem to be helping...

antares4141

What electrolyte imbalances can cause tachycardia?

Which electrolytes can improve tachycardia?

What is the best way to balance/replenish electrolytes without causing deficiencies?

Are there other causes/treatments for rapid heartbeat? (If there is another post where this is already answered can you please link me?)
My fast heart rate to a large extent went away after I started drinking distilled water. I occasionally drink a bottle of gatoraid which doesn't seem to have any effect. I did switch to spring water for a short stint and none of my symptoms came back. So I suspect it's the tap & well water here in s central nm. Way too high in minerals and or poor combination of them.