Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

T4 Tx of Subclinical Hypothyroidism, Fatal&Nonfatal Cardiovascular events & Mortality

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I thought this was interesting. I have heard there might be a higher rate of hypothyroidism or subclinical hypothyroidism in ME/CFS.

Abstract:
    *I've given each sentence its own paragraph.

2. FunkOdyssey

FunkOdyssey Senior Member

I think the reason you see the age discrepancy is that in the elderly, subclinical hypothyroidism is actually pretty common and seems to be adaptive and associated with longevity. Not so in the younger crowd.

3. Wally

Wally Senior Member

There was a thyroid webinar last night hosted by Dr. Holtorf and Mary Shomon. (See, http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?17656-Webinar-on-Thyroid-Dysfunction-Today-at-6-00-pm-%28PST%29-4-25-2012 ) Target date for releasing a recording of this webinar is Friday, April 27th. I recommend listening to the webinar, if you are interested in understanding how undiagnosed or improperly treated thyroid dysfunction may be contributing to some of the problems seen in illnesses like ME/CFS, MS etc...

4. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I suspect doctors not doing all the necessary test to diagnose plays into this somehow. If an endocrinologist says he wants to check your thyroid function and gives you a script to have a TSH drawn and thats all. Tell him you are leaving and you will not paying and if he has anything else further to say refer him to your attorney!

See more popular forum discussions.