Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

T3

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by digital dog, Jul 28, 2016.

1. digital dog

digital dog Senior Member

I would like to try a tiny amount of T3. I want the smallest pill.
    Does anyone know where I could buy this online? Or does anyone have one pill I could cut up and try? So sick of spending money on things only to throw them away.
    X

2. digital dog

I am from the Uk but happy to pay anyone for the postage.

3. JamBob

JamBob Senior Member

I'd try asking the same question on this forum https://healthunlocked.com/thyroiduk

They'd be able to tell you where it is sold. I don't know if there's much choice of sizes though. I don't take it myself.

4. digital dog

Thank you jam bob :)

5. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @digital dog ,the T3 here is usually sold as "Cytomel" and I think the 5 mcg. pill is the starting point but not sure about that. I think the generic name is liothyronine. Some people can't even feel 5 mcg., but I'm not one of those normal people. Good luck.

6. digital dog

Thank you Paralee :)

7. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

In the US, T3 is a prescription med. Can you get it over the counter in the UK? It may not be a good idea to take T3 unless you have been tested (T3 test, not TSH test) and found to be low.

8. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @Little Bluestem , true the tests are very necessary, but once you get your symptoms figured out (some people have a hard time with that because of multiple problems), there are some that can tell with experience what's going on, and too much T3 will definitely tell you to pull back when it's too much........yeah, thinking about it, at least know where you're starting at and get your tests done when possible. It should be at least the Free T3 and Free T4.

Also, if going up, there's that approx. 3 day period of not knowing for sure while your body adjusts. Not everyone will have these, but some do.

There are some psychiatrists that will add a little T3 to see how their patients do, but surely they use testing.

9. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Especially when one goes into atrial fibrillation.

10. Groggy Doggy

Groggy Doggy Senior Member

My mother got AFib and she never took any thyroid meds. IMO in the US, the EP Cardiologists are just too lazy to figure out why we get AFib; and they could care less about understanding the relationship of ME to AFib (we are fatigued because we are deconditioned; we just need more exercise). So if the EP Cardio can find anything to blame, IE cytomel, they will do that, and continue the years of avoiding the responsibility of helping their ME patients with AFib.

11. Groggy Doggy

I tried many generics, and none worked. I recommend the brand name Cytomel.

12. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    My comment wasn't about me personally going into AF. It was a warning about taking thyroid medication (Cytomel, liiodothyronine, T3) without knowing the status of one's TSH. I posted this in another thread, which digital dog has already seen:

Izola likes this.
  13. Groggy Doggy

Thanks for the information. Sorry, I need to do a better job of prefacing my comments, as to who they are intended for (which was not you in this case). I wonder if there is an acronym for that? (a thought prevoking posting that sparks an idea but whose response is a general comment that is not targeted at the original poster; but still somehow give credit to tag the original poster)

See more popular forum discussions.