Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

T1 to T2 shift

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by ixchelkali, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    I'm not sure which forum this fits in. Many ME/CFS researchers have noted a shift toward T2-cell in the immune response in ME/CFS patients. I don't remember (brain fog) reading any theories about what causes this shift. Has anyone come across any theories?

I'm also wondering how that would relate to the theory that ME/CFS is an autoimmune disease.

It's interesting that women tend to shift to T2 dominance in the 2 weeks preceeding their period. I wonder if that could have anything to do with more women than men having ME/CFS. Women get kind of a double T2 whammy.

2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    Very interesting.

What Cheney says about Th1/Th2 http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diagnosis/cheneyis.html (I noticed it has been updated this year, I dont know what thou was changed).

In my own case I have reasons to believe that I was probably Th2 dominant all (or most of my life) before I even got ME.

3. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia

See more popular forum discussions.