1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

T Lymphocyte Function Testing?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Ema, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Anybody think this would have any potential for measuring T cell function?

I guess it would tell if the T cells were overactive or under active...but I wonder if that would have any implications for treatment?

I suppose it would be interesting to know if despite a high absolute level of T cells, where my immune function fell on their spectrum.

2. Iquitos

Iquitos Senior Member

Colorado
    Interesting question. BUT, since we probably have mitochondrial damage and don't produce normal ATP because of it, measuring ATP in us could be misleading or not useful.

3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Good point. I wondered about that too.

But wouldn't *most* sick people have compromised mitochondria to some extent, especially the immunocompromised patients that the test is supposed to assess? I wonder if they somehow took that into account in their ranges?

See more popular forum discussions.