• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

T-cells

Dot

Not sure this is the right place to post this question but...
What so you all know about t-cells in relation to CFS/ME?
My daughter has a severe immune condition and the best Hopkins can come up with is that it is "a T-cell mediated syndrome". They deny it has anything to do with my being sick, but I can't help feeling guilty.
Thanks!
Dot

SOC

Not sure this is the right place to post this question but...
What so you all know about t-cells in relation to CFS/ME?
My daughter has a severe immune condition and the best Hopkins can come up with is that it is "a T-cell mediated syndrome". They deny it has anything to do with my being sick, but I can't help feeling guilty.
Thanks!
Dot
What the heck does "a T-cell mediated syndrome" mean?

I have low cytotoxic T-cells, which is a known abnormality in some ME/CFS patients.

I doubt your daughter's illness is anything for you to feel guilty for. :hug:

Dot

Thanks SOC, but it's hard not feeling guilty. And correct, they have no idea. They called it the perfect immune system storm. We are all so far ahead of modern medicine! ;)

SOC

Thanks SOC, but it's hard not feeling guilty. And correct, they have no idea. They called it the perfect immune system storm. We are all so far ahead of modern medicine! ;)
Do you have immune test results you're willing to share? Some people here have a bit of knowledge and might be able to help you figure out something.

ETA: You might get more responses if you post under the Symptoms, Immunological subforum.

Dot

Thanks. Wasn't sure where to post it. I will get the tests together and post on that subforum.