New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

T-Cell Super-Enhancers and Autoimmunity

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by nandixon, Mar 17, 2015.

1. nandixon

nandixon Senior Member

Has this already been posted somewhere?:

NIH researchers reveal link between powerful gene regulatory elements and autoimmune diseases

(More info in the links.)

garcia, Valentijn and August59 like this.
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member

I find this a bit baffling. There is no evidence for anything wrong with T cells in RA, despite lots of immunologists being obsessed with this idea. Moreover, the genetic risks for RA do not lie in superenhancers - the main ones are the X chromosome (being female) and MHC Class II, expressed on B cells and other antigen presenting cells. This sound to me like somebody has found some bits of DNA and wants to make it sound as if they are important to a disease so that they can get grant funding!!

3. nandixon

nandixon Senior Member

Here is the abstract from PubMed (with a link to the same abstract in the original journal). I've broken it up for easier reading:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    garcia likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.