Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

T-cell immunity, microglia and brain dysfunction

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Jul 10, 2015.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-may-shed-light-autism-and-brain-inflammation

catly, Wayne, ukxmrv and 4 others like this.
  2. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    This is a very interesting article, and indeed may have implications for ME/CFS, as they are discovering more connections between immune dysfunction and the brain.

catly and AaroninOregon like this.
  3. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    I've come to the understanding--or have come to believe--that whatever affects the immune system affects the brain. So it's no stretch for me to believe that vaccinations, which produce an exaggerated immune response, can also injure the brain, and significantly affect brain function. And as we've seen from the large number of testimonials on this board, then leads to ME/CFS.

ahmo likes this.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    A common cause of increased microglia is viral infections.
    at this stage i think its a stretch to say antivirals help through lowering microglia directly , i think its more than likely indirectly from lower viral load.

I think they need to do testing with avs on cfsme with no proven active infections and see what bearing this has on microglia First?

Too many systems involved in cfs/me.

See more popular forum discussions.