1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Systemic Mastosytosis/Mast Cell Activation Disorders

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by Aidan Walsh, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Aidan Walsh

Aidan Walsh

Systemic Mastosytosis/Mast Cell Activation Disorders found in cfs/fibro from Tufts University...% have rare form of Leukemia called Mast Cell Leukemia and children usually come down with the Cutaneous form...Doubt it now that any infections play any roles plus mastosytosis has multiple causes but leans toward genetic not virus, bacteria, lyme pure b.s.
  2. osisposis

osisposis

3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Hi, even if one has genes for something (this works for almost all diseases), other things eg environmental factors etc often play a part in the development of it as well eg my uncle who has serious systemic mastocytosis (there are less then 10 people in Australia with it like he has, he's had bone marrow transplants etc for the masto).. didnt get masto till he was in his late 40s eartly 50s.

I have have a double mutation of at least one gene found in mastocytosis. Yet I didnt have any health issues at all (was extremely healthy) until I 26 or 27 years old and got ME/CFS. (I do thou nowdays get some masto symptoms).

I have 26 pages of double mutations of genes I have yet nearly all those ones havent affected me, it just makes me more susceptable to getting the diseases they cause.
  4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Mast cell activation is strongly linked to adrenal health. Stressed adrenals will/can lead to mast cell issues. When my adrenals recently detoxxed, mast cell inflammation was one of the symptoms that disappeared.
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  5. osisposis

osisposis

yes, I think it's getting fairly well known that you can have the bad genetics but never get the disease without a environmental exposure, studies with identical twins has helped show this.

See more popular forum discussions.