• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Synergetics & PocketGym--Perfect Gentle Exercise/Stretches for pwCFS (?)

Wayne

I bought the book Synergetics about twenty years ago, and never really got around to giving the exercises a good try. But after browsing through it again recently, it struck me that it really may make a lot of sense for pwCFS and FM.

I did a little googling and searching on YouTube, and found the following introductory video (~8 min). It should give you a pretty good idea if this is something you might want to pursue.

About Synergetics and the PocketGym

Here's an Amazon.com link to Taylor and Joanna Hay's latest CD with the PocketGym ($49.95):

When I first read their book all those years ago, I discovered I "liked them". Which is interesting, as personalities usually don't strike me that strongly from just reading a book. Anyway, I'm posting this now because I'm going to give this a try, sort of feels like starting out on a new adventure. I may not be able to do all their exercises, or do them 12 minutes twice a day, but I suspect I can incorporate at least some synergetic exercises/stretches into my daily routine. --- So for now, this has my "seal of approval". :angel: I'll get back if I have less pain and look ten years younger in a few weeks. :)

Last edited: