• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Symptoms that cycle - consecutively rather than at the same time

wonderoushope

I seem to notice a pattern now where my symptoms now come after each other rather than all at the same time. Like one will clear-up and then something else will come in its place. Like for example I had fatigue and high anxiety/buzzed and had insomnia for a while and that has settled down somewhat, but then muscle joint aches came over my body which I think is starting to clear up and then my stomach starts to play up and become distended and a bit sore and I feel puffy.

There were times when my illness was really bad that it all came together, but now, just as I feel like I get better in one area, something new replaces it and it does seem to cycle with the same issues.

Anyone else get this? I guess it is just inflammation and my body attacks different things. But I have certainly noticed a rough pattern of different symptoms coming and going and then repeating the same cycle later down the track.

Seven7

Seven
will clear-up and then something else will come in its place.
Your observations are correct. Quemically here is what happens. X (we don't know what it is) creates a cytokine storm and the beginning of the crash. First come the feeling in the head and body (you will feel what we call a cytokine storm). Why you won't sleep, your brain is over signaling. Then the muscle pain will follow. Then the fatigue. Then the exacerbation of symptoms.

If you feel the beginning, you can take a lot of water or if it is safe for you try water with baking soda (away from food) see if that stops it.

My CFS doctor explained this to me I hope I got it right. But that is the general Idea of what I understood.