• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Symptoms before.

Fuzzyhead

Can anyone tell me their symptoms they were having to suggest a methylation block before starting on methylb12 etc?
Mine are extreme fatigue, heavy tired head and eyes, headaches, nausea, no appetite, loose bowels, depression, night sweats, brain fog etc but it can be symptoms of all kinds of things.

Freddd

Can anyone tell me their symptoms they were having to suggest a methylation block before starting on methylb12 etc?
Mine are extreme fatigue, heavy tired head and eyes, headaches, nausea, no appetite, loose bowels, depression, night sweats, brain fog etc but it can be symptoms of all kinds of things.

Hi Fuzzyhead,

Over on the levels of methylation post, towards the last few pages are 6 posts of symptoms with the b12s and folate and cofactors helped. Elsewhere on the Basics thread there list of symptoms typically had by people here and elsewhere, mostly from official lists of the deficiencies and further developed by the contribution of symptoms and sometimes specifically what worked for it by many folks. Your symptoms appear to be a combination of partial methylation block and partial ATP block and depending upon severity, methyltrap. Looking at my history as a child I had about 30 of the symptoms on the list, folate insufficiency and the start of partial methylation block. By age 30 it was more like 60 symptoms, partial methylation block in full swing with low level paradoxical folate insufficiency and getting more severe. At 37-38 I had the crash going into partial ATP block big time and methyltrap and cascaded to 175 symptoms. The symptoms affect every part of the body, each kind affects things all over the body. Your symptoms that you mention are ALL on the list, both of symptoms and symptoms helped by the various nutrients and combinations.