• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Symptoms after Psychosis

Hi,

I had a similar experience six years ago. I don't think it was related to ME because i had already been diagnosed with ME many years before. For me it was probably a dissociative episode bordering on fugue state. it lasted for several months. During that time i discovered a kind of sapient being inside myself. A lot of things you describe i can relate to but some are the opposite, so it could be something different. It has taken me a long time to recover from it. Even now i am not the same as i used to be. I try to look at it as both good and bad, because I think i have grown as a person because of it.

Thank you for your reply. Good to hear that it made you a better person. Can you tell me in what perspectve it made you a better person? Im still hoping that things will get better.
If not, Im going to dedicate my life to others and do voluntary work as much as I can. For now I'm trying to take the time to sort out how to feel better.

Hi, sorry to hear of your suffering. Your symptoms dont sound like ME to me, but as was mentioned by Hip they do sound as if you are on the Dissociative Spectrum. Dissociative disorders are often misdiagnosed as bipolar by psychs who arent experienced in dissociation. Not saying you dont have bipolar, i wouldnt know, but i do know that many people with DID & other Dissociative problems are frequently misdiagnosed with either bipolar or BPD.

It might be worth checking out the info at http://www.pods-online.org.uk/

whatever happens i hope you find some relief soon
Thank you for your replay. I think it could be dissociating. It does feel as if my soul has flown away and my body is in tension because it is gone. I need to listen to my body, but it's kinda hard in dissociated state.

pamojja

This all happened 1,5 yrs ago, so hopefully things will be still fixable

You'll be fine again.

Damn, I wonder what a buddhist would say about your initial enlightenment...
Yeah, I maybe experienced the highest consciousness state you can get. Although I wish Id never had, since the after effects are horrible.
I would advise to read the fine-print before starting serious meditation. Ahm.. meant to say the four noble truths: "Everything in life is impermanent, therefore ultimately sucks, and therefore can't be considered me, my self or owned. There is a cause for this whole mass of suffering. There is the cessation of that cause. And there is a path to that, usually conceptualized as 8-fold."

One Buddhist teacher (Chogyam Trungpa, considered a bid crazy too) once said: "Better not to start, but if you do better follow through."

Thank you for your reply. Good to hear that it made you a better person. Can you tell me in what perspectve it made you a better person? Im still hoping that things will get better.
If not, Im going to dedicate my life to others and do voluntary work as much as I can. For now I'm trying to take the time to sort out how to feel better.
I live in the moment a lot more than i used to. I think of it as a sort of enlightenment. When i was dissociative i discovered an alternate form of conciousness. When i was there i could understand everything. Everything was made clear to me and i could fully understand things that had worried me for a long time.

I guess it is difficult to reintegrate into society after awakening to the truth, but now i understand society i'm not sure i want to be fully integrated into it. Of course i still wish people well, but I am no longer constrained by feelings of shame or pride. I no longer rely on other people for reassurance. I do still get anxiety sometimes, but i had that before anyway. I think these things are just symptoms of my emotions reattaching. It's a long healing process, but kind of interesting.

Now I see things from many different perspectives. I think my personality type has changed from INFJ to INFP or possibly INTP. I am glad about that, because i am no longer quick to judge, and that was a trait i wanted to change. I'm also a lot more reserved and have more discretion. I guess these are all things that come with wisdom and growing as a person. it was just strange how it happened.

It's nice to hear that you are planning to do voluntary work. I sometimes volunteer as a dog walker for my local rescue shelter when i have the strength to. I find working with animals to be very relaxing. It actually helped me a lot.