• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Symptom variability following acute exercise in ME-CFS: a perspective on measuring PEM

Dolphin

I like the dot plots - much more transparent than just measures of means and standard deviations. But I still wish they'd mark p values on the charts so we can see if any of this might be more than just random.
The tables in the main text highlight which are and are not statistically significant.

JaimeS

We should demand to measure lactate levels, Oxygen vs DO. Metabolites....
I mean sport science is not new, I don't understand why CFS is like just ask questions instead of using common sense testing.

People have measured VO2 in patients more than once, lactate levels more than once. But for every researcher, commonsense testing may take more funding than they have. Surveys cost next to nothing. The testing requires you hire a technician to gather the blood, and pay for all the assay materials, and for someone else to process them...