• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Symmetrical Nerve Loss

SDSue

Southeast
@Sushi - I wouldn't mind having your posts attributed to me, but you surely don't want my posts, born of ignorance, credited to you!;) Good catch.

melamine

Anyone have experience with these things? Thanks!

@SDSue - definitely. My neuropathies largely started in my spine and worked their way down and then up. EMG negative in 2010, 9 and 8. Lucky you you're able to get those biopsies that I've been denied since 2009. I will be seeing a new neurologist in a few months and if he takes any interest in diagnosing, I would expect him to order a nerve biopsy.

Sorry you were floxed. I was just reading hundreds of comments by people who had been harmed by fluoroquinolones that were posted after an article about it by Jane Brody in the NY Times in 2012. I am getting a similar pattern of neuropathy and other symptoms following a different antibiotic class + 1-2 other drugs, none of which are supposed to have the side effects of the fluoros. My understanding is that there is no treatment for these drug-induced kind, but one can hope.

Last edited: