• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Swollen face?

mirshine

Has anyone else's face gotten swollen? Mine seems to have swelled up over the last few months. No change in medication or anything.

erin

Yes my face is puffed up too. Since the thyroid supplement though. This could be the reason.

erin

Sometimes blood test doesn't show abnormalities unfortunately. Thyroid function is very complicated, and standard treatment plans are not sufficient.

Seven7

Seven
(Check for Angioedema )
I used to get swollen really bad face and head. When I travel specially, it takes like 3 days to come down. My left side tends to be worst.

mirshine

Sometimes blood test doesn't show abnormalities unfortunately. Thyroid function is very complicated, and standard treatment plans are not sufficient.
I was seeing an endocrinologist who was very open to all the research I'd done. She had a much broader range to start treatment with. I was getting my bloods done every six months and she's review them. I'm overdue though.

erin

I was called again to give more blood before even get my tests results. I know what this means, test results are so high, all over the shop so they want to repeat it. To be honest with I can't be bothered, I'm so tired I won't be able to go back and give blood. Maybe next week. :grumpy:

mirshine

@Shoshana no, no pain. I was at the endocrinologist on Monday and she said I have a medium size goiter, so I have to have an ultrasound to make sure it's not malignant and make sure it's not growing towards my wind or food pipes. I guess the goiter is pushing up under my face which, along with a small bit of extra weight, is causing the puffiness.

Shoshana

Northern USA
Oh, @mirshine

Thank you for answering and for sharing about that!

I had not thought of goiter at all.
(I am not a doctor! Was just trying to help think of possibilities.)

I am glad you got it diagnosed ,
and that they are checking it out more.

I am glad it does not hurt also!

But of course, you will feel concerned till you get more answers on it.

We will all be hoping for some good outcome! For you!

SO glad you have an endocrinologist to go to!
I have never seen one of those.