• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Swollen and Tender lymph nodes -- massage

Andrew

At least for now, my swollen and tender lymph nodes are either gone or so mild I cannot detect them. What happened is a doctor showed me a way to reduce lymphedema. It consists of massage that only moves in one direction. Starting behind the ears, I press gently and stroke downward in the direction of the lymph nodes moving over and just past them. I'm not pressing down like trying to force anything. Just gently encouraging things to flow in that direction. It took a few months for this to work, but one day I noticed it was better.

I guess I should also mention that this doctor had me on a slew of antibiotics that ended before I started this. I was also taking oregano oil, which is an unproven antibiotic, and probiotics in case the oregano actually did something. And that my lymph system is compromised in that area due to radiation treatment.

Last edited:

Andrew

My apologies. I made a very bad writing mistake with I now corrected. Instead of typing "lymphedma" I typed "lymphoma." I have corrected it now. This typing-the-wrong-word has been an ongoing problem of mine since getting CFS.