Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Swollen and Tender lymph nodes -- massage

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by Andrew, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    At least for now, my swollen and tender lymph nodes are either gone or so mild I cannot detect them. What happened is a doctor showed me a way to reduce lymphedema. It consists of massage that only moves in one direction. Starting behind the ears, I press gently and stroke downward in the direction of the lymph nodes moving over and just past them. I'm not pressing down like trying to force anything. Just gently encouraging things to flow in that direction. It took a few months for this to work, but one day I noticed it was better.

I guess I should also mention that this doctor had me on a slew of antibiotics that ended before I started this. I was also taking oregano oil, which is an unproven antibiotic, and probiotics in case the oregano actually did something. And that my lymph system is compromised in that area due to radiation treatment.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Woolie likes this.
  2. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    My apologies. I made a very bad writing mistake with I now corrected. Instead of typing "lymphedma" I typed "lymphoma." I have corrected it now. This typing-the-wrong-word has been an ongoing problem of mine since getting CFS.

3. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Good info thanks for sharing, I hope the chemotherapy isn't too hard on you and you make a full recovery Andrew.

Andrew likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.