1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Switching from Famvir to Valcyte.

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Ema, Nov 29, 2012.

1. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    FWIW, I was taking silymarin to help protect my liver when I was taking Valcyte.

heapsreal likes this.
  2. RUkiddingME

RUkiddingME Senior Member

Canada
    Awesome thanks!:)

3. Eliza

Eliza

Belgium
    i took a product called "liver detoxifier and regenerator" (NOW products) in the past. It contains milk thistle, gluthation, NAC, grape seed, L-carnitine, dandelion and a proprietry blend of herbs. I'm thinking of starting on it again. I tollerated it very well in the past and perhaps it can support our liver while on AV's?

I'm also thinking of starting coQ10 again. And perhaps adding some turmeric too?

I started yesterday on the 2400 mg aciclovir and I'll wait a week or so to see how I react. If all goes well, I'll add the imunovir.

Keeping fingers crossed for all of us ! :)

anniekim and heapsreal like this.
  4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Liv52 is also an excellent product for liver support. I use it along with milk thistle.

5. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Hi Michelle,

I am wondering how you are doing now you have been on the acyclovir for a bit longer since you wrote on this thread? Also re reading through the thread I am a little confused at what dose you are on, as on Nov 29 you said you were taking 800mg a day, but in a post on the 3 Dec you said you are taking 1600mg twice daily? Hope it's ok to ask and many thanks for your time. Really hope you are doing as ok as possible

6. m1she11e

m1she11e Senior Member

Florida

Im sorry but I havent been on here much. Also sorry if I confused you with the dosing information. I am on 1,600 mg twice a day. Im not sure if the Acyclovir is helping me or not. To be clear, I was better before I ever started any anti virals at all. When I stop now I feel worse than when I ever started. I feel like I have to be on some kind of an anti viral to not go backwards.

When I was with my doctor the other day he said he was surprised I had no improvement on the Acyclovir. He said he is getting "better results than he did when prescribing Valcyte."

Not sure this helped...

See more popular forum discussions.