1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Swedish trial of mercury binding substance IodoCarb ® for CFS

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by Dolphin, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    Thanks and I hear you on that first response about it being hell. Will walk thorugh that if needed to get better. Do you have a post somewhere that details your starting point, precipitating cause(s) and other things you may have tried?

If that person on the QUicksilver protocol is willing to chat with me please ask them to contact me on the PM. Thanks again!
  2. Mimi

Mimi Senior Member

SF Bay Area
    I sent him a message. He's on the East coast so it will probably be tomorrow. He was last on the forum at noon today.
    Sparrowhawk likes this.
  3. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Re methylation: Rich said on repeated occasions that if one has problems with the methylation supplements -- serious problems where they couldn't tolerate hardly any amounts of the supps without severe reactions -- that they should probably deal with things like heavy metals, or mold, etc., first.

I think you'll find over on the FDC group that there's little debate re the safest way to chelate...but yes, there is considerable debate online. :)
    Sparrowhawk likes this.
  4. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Sorry to hear that Mimi. I think they'd recommend the hair test to see what other metals/toxic compounds might be involved. And of course some need to start with tiny doses, while others can tolerate much higher doses, like with so many other protocols. I had no problem with 12.5 mg of ALA, but others were starting with 2mgs, sometime less.
  5. Mimi

Mimi Senior Member

SF Bay Area
    Hi Sparrowhawk,

Quicksilver Scientific does their own testing - a combination of 3 tests that they say yield far more information.

Mimi
  6. Mimi

Mimi Senior Member

SF Bay Area

Hi Dannybex,

I found s-acetyl glutathione to be quite helpful during mercury detox, but first I worked on getting my gut inflammation under control. You might check out Chris Shade's youtube vidoes on mercury detox and glutathione. From what I have seen with my friends, if you have severe inflammation in the small intestine, you won't detox as easily, and you may not tolerate much glutathione due to inflammation backing up drainage from the liver.

Mimi
  7. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Hi Mimi,

Sorry for the late reply...

My gut's okay...just got a metametrix test back a few days ago...was kind of surprised. :)

I'm curious about the ingredients in Quicksilver's products -- I can't seem to find any info about them -- just random bits here and there. Do you have a link or info regarding the specific ingredients in their products?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
  8. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

NZ
    what does iodinated mean....does it contain iodine? I know some people with ibs swear by their activated charcoal tablets. havnt tried that yet.its interesting.
  9. seansee

seansee

yes it has iodine
    aimossy likes this.
  10. Mimi

Mimi Senior Member

SF Bay Area
    Hi Danny,

Sorry for the late reply as well. I went on two road trips, one to LA and one to Oregon. It was great. I'm now packing up to move to Oregon which is quite clean and natural and WILD.

Re: Quicksilver Scientific. If you do a search on YouTube for Chris Shade, the founder of the company, you will find some very informative lectures and PowerPoint slides on mercury detox. Dr. Shade is an expert on mercury detoxification and founded the company after he was severely sickened by improper removal of mercury fillings. I believe he did his graduate work in that area, or else it was post-grad, which is when he became ill

Mimi
    Sparrowhawk likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.