Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

[Sweden] Opinion piece: B12/B9 – possible treatment for mental fatigue

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by mango, Jul 11, 2017.

1. mango

mango Senior Member

An opinion piece in Läkartidningen (Swedish website for doctors), written by professor emeritus Björn Regland: "Vitamin B12/B9 -- possible treatment for mental fatigue"

Vitamin B12/B9 – möjlig behandling vid mental trötthet
    http://lakartidningen.se/Opinion/De...12B9--mojlig-behandling-vid-mental-trotthet-/

ETA references:

1. Ellis FR, Nasser S. A pilot study of vitamin B12 in the treatment of tiredness. Br J Nutr. 1973;30(2):277-83.
    2. Brenu EW, Staines DR, Marshall-Gradisnik SM. Methylation profile of CD4+ T cells in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis. J Clin Cell Immunol. 2014;5:228.
    3. De Vega WC, Vernon SD, McGowan PO. DNA methylation modifications associated with chronic fatigue syndrome. PLoS One. 2014;9(8):e104757.
    4. Naviaux RK, Naviaux JC, Li K, et al. Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113(37):E5472-80.
    5. Regland B, Andersson M, Abrahamsson L, et al. Increased concentrations of homocysteine in the cerebrospinal fluid in patients with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Scand J Rheumatol. 1997;26(4):301-7.
    6. Regland B, Forsmark S, Halaouate L, et al. Response to vitamin B12 and folic acid in myalgic encephalomyelitis and fibromyalgia. PLoS One. 2015;10(4):e0124648.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  2. PinkPanda

PinkPanda Senior Member

I have the biggest benefits from sublingual hydroxocobalamin, I don't have that good reactions to other b12 forms. It makes me feel that sufficient hydroxocobalamin intake is important. Don't know if it would make a difference to get injections.
    And I can also agree that it's a helpful combination taking b12 and methylfolate. I don't have good reactions to taking b6 or amino acids though.
    This text does confirm that methylation and homocysteine are important issues to look at.

trishrhymes likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.