Jen Brea launches mass-advocacy platform — #MEAction goes live!
Jen Brea is a phenomenon. After working as a freelance writer in China and Africa, she enrolled for a PhD at Harvard in political science but, four years ago, got sick. She had a fever that lasted ten days.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Swanson Ultra Methylcobalamin Vitamin B12

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Arizona, Jun 4, 2013.

1. LaurieL

LaurieL Senior Member

Midwest
    Before starting the methylation protocol, I used hydroxy formulas. There is absolutely a difference in the taste between hydroxy and methyl. Believe it or not, it is what it is to me, I offer the observation, take it or leave it. Wouldn't know about the price of hydroxy versus methyl, as I buy methyl only.

2. Gloria H

Gloria H

South Dakota
    Hi Laurel,
    Was that a Swanson Liquid or tablet you tried? I've been using the SWU122 5 mg Methylcobalamin.

3. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    I use PURE Encapsulations MB12 5000 IU liquid

4. christinecpierce

christinecpierce

It's great to know huge supplement companies like that are still listening to us!

5. christinecpierce

christinecpierce

Me too! I was actually about to recommend it but then I saw your post.

6. MAF14

MAF14 Senior Member

7. snowman

snowman

Has anyone tried Holistic Health Mega Methyl B12 drops? If my math is correct, it's 375g of mB12/bottle for about the same cost as the Pure Encapsulations 250g/bottle. HH mB12 content is 1.0g/drop, PE is about 0.33g/drop. I was also looking at the HH adenosylcobalamin drops, wondering if anyone has had luck with those. I like the high concentration which hopefully means a lesser proportion of unwanted additives.
    http://www.holisticheal.com/supplements/b12-products/methyl-b12-mega-drops.html

8. MAF14

MAF14 Senior Member

Have you had success with Pure Encapsulations?

Also, I find it curious to see people still taking B12 liquid. Is there no concern of swallowing too quickly and losing the sublingual benefits?

9. snowman

snowman

For methylcobalamin, I've only ever used Vitacost's liquid. It was cheap, I could handle the additives, and I found it easier to measure small doses for starting (and re-starting) than breaking pills. I just learned to go for an hour without swallowing it making sure I didn't have to talk. I haven't been on a huge mB12 dose yet, but now am ready to go higher and am looking for alternatives. I am about to try Enzymatic Therapy and am considering trying HH.

I would rather do a cream or oil, but am sensitive to a lot of things, and B12 (and a lot of other b's) won't dissolve in castor oil unless it's first dissolved in ethanol. I read a post here about homemade cream ingredients (which I could test one by one), but can't find it again. If I can tolerate a drop of ethanol someday, I think mB12 is soluble at 50 Grams/mL, then mix it with castor oil. A lot of other b's dissolve in ethanol, too.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015

See more popular forum discussions.