• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Suspense. Any news on WHEN the NIH/FDA study might come out?

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
.. who else is going to write to their relatives or friends (past friends) with the news enclosing a print out of the paper/website clips?

Finally the raw truth awaits society who have mocked us for so long....... how will they react?
I can't imagine there is any evidence of person to person transmission of XMRV, so I hope the people we do tell are accepting, not that I care any longer though ...QUOTE]

I for one will be deluging my contacts, family, in-laws etc with newspaper print!
Half of them are UK doctors though, so they will probably just say 'Oh yes' and carry on as normal. The good old British stiff upper lip is alive and well in my part of the world.

Most of my friends will be ok, though I expect with the 'AIDS like retrovirus confirmed in CFS/ME patients!!!!!!' headlines screaming out across the world, that many will be unlikely to continue inviting me round for tea (regardless of the facts)!

Robyn

Yes but with possibly 7 percent of normal controls testing positive with no symptoms. It's anyone's guess who could be carrying this retovirus. I dont' think everyone can be shunned?

taniaaust1

The one who this rumor came from isnt one i know (so cant trust).. so right now im not prepared to think it is coming out tomorrow, thou i will love it if it does.

i think people need to remember that this virus even if connected to us.. may be something we are more vulerable too, due to having something else wrong with us... so may not be the actual cause of our illness. Even the WPI has said that XMRV may not be the actual cause of our illness. It possibly is just an add on thing.

So many other pathogens over the years have been found in far higher amounts in us then the average population (and that info has never made things any different for us).

George

waitin' fer rabbits
The one who this rumor came from isnt one i know (so cant trust).. so right now im not prepared to think it is coming out tomorrow, thou i will love it if it does.

i think people need to remember that this virus even if connected to us.. may be something we are more vulerable too, due to having something else wrong with us... so may not be the actual cause of our illness. Even the WPI has said that XMRV may not be the actual cause of our illness. It possibly is just an add on thing.

So many other pathogens over the years have been found in far higher amounts in us then the average population (and that info has never made things any different for us).

What a diffrence a few hours makes??? (big grins)

By the Way Jimbob I belive you posted this earlier. . .

George, if you're right, I will clean-up after your dog for a year, I always have plenty of Food Lion bags handy!

In response to . . . post #20 And I'm holdin' ya too it. HHHHHOOOOOOWWWWWWllllllll. (sheepish grins)

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
Think I've cracked already ..

I can't stand the tension!!!!

(Blame it on the illness, low stress tolerance etc etc). :angel:

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!