1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Fable known as The PACE Trial
Graham, Janelle and Bob, have once again excelled themselves with their latest take on the 'poisoned apple' that was the PACE Trial...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Susceptibility of the Human Retrovirus XMRV to Antiretroviral Inhibitors

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by ballard, Oct 6, 2010.

1. ballard

ballard

Can someone get access to the above article and tell us what is says.
    It is by Dusty Miller from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center in Seattle on Medscape.
  2. w8nNw8n

w8nNw8n

Just a quick skim of 6 pgs or so of continual techno-jargon.... In laymen's terms... they have ID'd a broader range of potential antiretrovirals/ candidate Rxs than previously "appreciated"... made other important discoveries.. technical hows of inhibition, receptor sites, etc.. Their analysis resolves disparities among earlier reports... (Rxs thought to be resisted - which in adequate amt X is not resistant to) So... to rephrase their statement, i.e. not violate copyright...just in case X is found to be the culprit/disease causing in humans... there are now more Rxs from which to choose. I did not see mention of CFS specifically..... (induced infection of) breast cancer cells/ and prostate were mentioned... unless I missed something. Also the triple therapy Dr Jamie & dtr are using apparently were shown not to be very effective in other earlier studies.. but ARE in fact, if dosage is adjusted.
  3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    http://www.retrovirology.com/content/7/1/70
  4. Enci

Enci +XMRV+

Oslo, Norway (US Citizen)
    Thanks for posting this. I am excited at the tantalizing possibility of one day feeling better! I know it will be awhile before we have anything that looks like a generally approved protocol, but if this illness hasn't taught me patience, it hasn't taught me anything :)

See more popular forum discussions.