Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Supraphysiological dose Fluoxetine Enteroviruses?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by energyoverload, Oct 17, 2014.

1. energyoverload

energyoverload Senior Member

London
    I was wondering if anyone here has been on a dose of Fluoxetine (Prozac) at a dose of 40mg or more for 6 months or more?

I definitely find as many do that SSRIs worsen many symptoms, but if this drug is active against Coxsaachie B as research suggested then there may be a chance that patients carry a variant of which replication could be inhibited...

Please share any experiences!

2. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

Forum member @Patrick* just reported over on his blog that Dr. Chia recommended a trial of Prozac for enterovirus, but he didn't mention the dose that was prescribed. You can post a comment over on his blog and he'll probably respond.

Personally, I took Prozac many years ago before becoming ill. It was more or less impossible to sleep for the week that I tried it.

3. energyoverload

London
    @halcyon thanks for the info, i'll check out his blog!

4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I don't think there is any such thing as a physiological dose of Prozac. All dosing would be pharmacological. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a Prozac deficiency! :)

Hip likes this.
  5. energyoverload

London
    Haha very true! But you know what I mean - a greater than high end dosage used in Major Depressive Disorder. (60mg+)

6. Patrick*

Patrick* Formerly PWCalvin

California
    Hi Halcyon. The dose is 20mg, 1x per day.

I haven't started this trial yet but will soon...

See more popular forum discussions.