1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Supplements that fix Blood-Brain-Barrier/Gut

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by acrosstheveil, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

Vegas. It's in message #41 in the sulfite/sulfate ammonia thread in the methylation forum.

He said magnesium is bifidogenic, too, if I remember correctly. The thing about magnesium is that it's a calcium channel blocker. Intracellular calcium is needed in order for LPS to cause degranulation, so the magnesium brings a protective mode with it.

A calcium signal is essential for degranulation, generation of eicosanoids and optimal production of cytokines in mast cells in response to antigen and other stimulants.

Through it's calcium channel blocking, luteolin protects against LPS induced damage. I'll get one now that shows that magnesium does the same thing.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11897650

Magnesium as a calcium channel blocker should do what luteolin does.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3300911

Maybe B2 brings a protective mode with it, too, I don't know.

Another one that he said is bifidogenic is pantothenic acid. I don't know how that would affect the stew, though.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

Can you eat butter?
  3. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Yeah, I eat butter.
  4. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    I ran across a website many years ago maintained by a Methodist minister who strongly believed that the anti-oxidant Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs) had a unique ability to heal the blood brain barrier, and in turn, significantly improve symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. He believed blueberries was one of the best foods for this, as it was very high in OPCs. The following is a link to a book that discusses the role of anti-oxidants (and OPCs) in healing the blood brain barrier.

Managing Multiple Sclerosis Naturally: A Self-help Guide to Living with MS

Blueberries is one of my favorite foods, and I look forward every year to them coming into season. During this time, I do a modified partial fast of mostly blueberries and fermented raw goat kefir. Watermelon is also a part of my diet during this time. It usually leads me to feeling better than most other times of the year.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.