1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Supplementing ATP potentially bad for some?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Adster, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    I tried some sublingual ATP yesterday and I think it might have been a bad idea. Rough night with little sleep, and today feeling worse than I have in a long long time. My first thought is that it's depleted glutathione. Does anyone have any other ideas? Should ATP only be boosted within the cell with precursors like D-Ribose for some pwme?
  2. Joopiter76

Joopiter76 Senior Member

this is for sure not the ATP but some other ingredient. Sublingual tablets often have some flavour in it, and thats the problem.
    You should look for ATP stomach resistent tabs without another stuff in the tablet. The Yasko shop has no stomach resistent ATP I think so almost everything you swallow will be destroyed.

But ATP is not a magic bullett, you feel more improvement from methyl-B12 I think. If you have a histamine issue try methioniine in high doses.
  3. determined

determined Senior Member

USA: Deep South
    I tried ATP several times, either as sublingual drops or as an injection, I can't recall right now. Bad news for me. It gave me racing heart symptoms.
  4. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    Thanks guys. I did wonder about the mannitol in the tablets but I have others with it and they didn't cause this reaction. I too got the racing heart, and was really hot. I might try really small doses and work up. Might have just been too much first up. Interestingly, my digestion was much better than usual that day and the next, my normal reaction to supps includes worsened digestion.
  5. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    I use sublingual ATP as well as B12, D ribose and other supps. They all work together.
  6. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    Did you have any reactions when you first started it? Thanks :)
  7. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    No, not at all. I use Douglas Labs brand. ATP 20.
  8. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    I dont know if this helps with your question but its slightly related. Just taking ATP will not help everyone. I had the mito function test done and i am just about making enough ATP but i have blockages in various places which means i cant recycle it and my cells dont have access to it, just adding more wouldnt help in this situation.
    all the best, Justy.
    L'engle likes this.
  9. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    Thanks Justy, that was my one of my thoughts as to what might be going on actually. I'd love to hear details of your test and what are doing to address those blockages, if you would be willing to share :) I wonder if that test is available in Aus?

See more popular forum discussions.