A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Supplement intolerance?

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by douglasmich, Mar 24, 2016.

1. jjxx

jjxx

That's why I am looking for a gentle liver/gallbladder flush. Mine must be badly congested.

2. jjxx

jjxx

Thanks for correcting me, I must be too tired to think straight. I wish I can get away with your tiny dosage. My high dosage of B5 seems like doing some work for me, for instance, I am able to quickly correct my circadian rhythm, which I have been struggling for a long time if not life time as well as a fresh tenderness around my kidney areas, my adrenals are crying for attention. Same as P5P, which I am most likely deficient, I rely on large dose to sustain dream recalling. However, I do experience a sense of "exhaustion" from high dose of P5P, sort of like melatonin is dominating while seratonin is hiding. Have you experience something similar? Can you help me disect it?

3. jjxx

jjxx

What do you experience after RS? After some thought, I guess my unusual reaction to RS indicates that I have bacteria in my SI are capable of break down RS so it would not set at the end of LI fermenting like a lot of people do.

4. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Everything I tried worked in the 1st time I took and then stopped working (apple juice, lemon juice, dandelion greens, milk thistle extract)
    B5 helps me wiht that too, I must take it with dinner or at bedtime since it makes me very sleepy. I usually take 3 mg, but it doesn't always work, I must cycle it or combine it with B2, B6 and magnesium, but again the combo doesn't alwyas work, then i focus on high tryptophan spices on dinner (parsley + mustard à l'ancienne with seeds), cranberries also work (mannose protects the urinary tract)
    My experience with P5P lasted 2 weeks (at 6 mg/daily) and then I became intolerant to it. Luckily it apparently unblocked some receptors and I started feeling benefits from plain B6. If I knew what was going to happen from taking P5P I would have taken it at much lower dose and only every other day or 2-3x weekly. At first I felt great (like "wow this is how it feels when you get energy from the food you eat!"), then it felt wonderful, then it felt hyperthyroid and then hypothyroid. Then if I took just a cromb (~1 mg) I felt hypothyroid, so I stopped taking it altogether.
    I think that it creates butyrate and since butyrate is a methyl donor, it activates B2 and I get increased uric acid (joint pain).

5. jjxx

jjxx

Wow, you are taking miniature dosage and experiencing something out of proportion imho. Are you histapenia? Histapenia can be extremely sensitive to chemicals but not to seasonal allergens. I have low histamine, experiencing no allergy no sensitivity to chemicals either. Histapenia or histadelia (high histamine), I am still confused.

As for the flush, I have not started it since I consider myself still quite weak at this point. I would like to wait for a month or two after building some more strength. I am sure you are aware of adding castor oil topicallly around liver area during the process, and enema type of thorough cleasing afterwards are greatly beneficial for the flush.

6. Gondwanaland

I think I am!

jjxx I am experiencing great energy improvement from digestive enzymes, esp. pancreatin & proteases, just not sure about their safety (google estrogen protease).

7. jjxx

jjxx

That's great for you! I do enjoy some benefit of digestive enzymes too, but I wish I could experience your dramatic improvement from them. My malabsorption has done enough damage on me for decades, causing severe anemia which somehow doesn't show on my blood test most of times. As one sign, my hair is thinning and splitting at end persistantly. I am starting to supplement Zinc now and hopefully I can benefit from it too. And, hydrolyzed whey protein powder in small amount 10g at a time gives me noticeable boost.
    I will look into estrogen protease. My instinct tells me everything has side effect, it's a matter of balance.

8. Gondwanaland

Please report back.

The effect I got from Zinc was the same as from progesterone.

Back in 2015 I took isolated whey (hydrolyzed anything is rich in glutamate, beware) and used to get a boost from it too (used to take 1-2 teaspoons daily), but ended up with thickening of the hip joint...

Now from taking a mix of proteases I see that my pain comes from undigested protein.

9. Gondwanaland

Please start a thread for it and tag me if you feel like discussing the protocols in more detail. I have never done it but have considering a lot lately.

10. jjxx

jjxx

I can totally relate to undigested protein causing pain, as well as anxiety, insomnia and irratability in my case. Sorry to hear your reaction from Zinc. It seems like we are "the opposite" in many cases: same symptoms can possibly result from different or even opposite causes.

Yes, I will watch out how my body reacting to glutamate along the road, as for now it seems all positive to me: my body needs easily assimilated protein badly at this point of time.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  11. jjxx

jjxx

Yes I will as soon as I lay some groundwork for my other equally if not more urgent health issues.

See more popular forum discussions.