May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Superfish suffering from chronic fatigue

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ember, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Ember

Ember Senior Member

By Rodney Stevens
    29th Jan 2014 6:00 AM
    Comments (1)
    More...

justy, alex3619 and Valentijn like this.
  2. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    I really like how the explications if the illness in the media are getting more and more accurate, referring to neurological effects, CNS disruption, hormonal imbalances, and degrees of disability. It is very encouraging to feel and hear the tone shift, as well as the kind of data offered.

3. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Thanks for posting, @Ember.
    As @leela says, it includes really helpful information about ME/CFS.
    But perhaps it's possible that Jacqueline is experiencing over-training syndrome, rather than ME, and will recover in a few months. (i.e. Prepare for further stories about a recovery from ME!)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. Ember

Ember Senior Member

5. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    They're miserable, demented people. Don't worry about them :3

leela likes this.
  6. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    Yes I wondered about this too. It would be hard to know what interaction Cerebral Palsy and overtraining would have together.

Having said that though, I know this girl (my children trained along side her years ago) and she has trained hard for many years so I would think she and her coaches should know the difference between pushing too hard and illness.

Firestormm and Little Bluestem like this.
  7. Firestormm

Firestormm

Cornwall England
    I do share the concerns, but as someone who did not know of this lady until the article, she is one heck of a superstar: https://www.facebook.com/JacquelineFreneyParalympian If she is again able to help then perhaps she could become someone to raise positive awareness about the condition. Certainly doesn't seem to be short of contacts. I do hope she improves - nightmare when this hits of course - and seems she also endured a significant period of waiting until a diagnosis was afforded. But given her profile I would imagine the diagnosis was a reliable one.

justy and Bob like this.

See more popular forum discussions.