• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

sunburnt feeling on shoulders and hot to touch?

For the past few weeks I have been having a really bad burning sensation around my shoulders and my skin is very hot to the touch. It feels like they are sun burnt and I'm constantly checking to see if they are red and they aren't. I'm not currently treating but this is scaring me. I've had symptoms 2 years and have never experienced this. Does anyone know what this could be? Of course j googled and stumbled across some bad stuff.

lansbergen

Only around your shoulders? Lucky you. I had it all over my body.

It is part of the disease I have. With overall improvement it disappeared. Sometimes I still get it at locolised spots.

rosie26

@skyfall. Yes, I had the skin on my back burning like sunburn last winter. I had to put cold wet towels on my back. I had a touch of it again in the last few days. I have strange burning inside as well. I know it is scary and you aren't the only one getting this. We don't know what is causing it. I wish we did, it's not fun. :hug: