• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

sulfur urine smell - but feeling better??

alice111

hey guys! So the past week my urine has been having a suuuper strong sulfur smell which to me I associate with CBS.. however the strange thing is that I have actually been feeling BETTER... any thoughts??

is this a good sign.. eg healing?

or does this mean my body is ready to deal with CBS issues..?

the only new thing I have added is midorine, could this be responsible?

all thoughts and input welcome! :)

ChrisD

I have had this experience too but I couldn't quite put my finger on whether the smell was sulfur or Ammonia. It tends to happen when I am overexerted or if I should get slightly stressed, also after therapies like acupuncture that Detox the liver. I usually feel better after too :) but it doesn't seem to be permanent. For me Liver detox seems to be improving naturally with time, all I can suggest is that when this starts happening, try to drink as much water as possible (within your means - safe amount) and also teas that will help this process like licorice, fennel, peppermint, ginger etc. From my experience, they have certainly helped....

PennyIA

I've read a lot about my methylations genes and some of them point to issues with amonia.

AFTER, After I started methylation treatment I started to notice a really strong amonia smell with my urine. It didn't last forever, but everytime I ramped up treatment, I'd notice it again.

Honestly? If the issue is that we can't eliminate it correctly, and part of the issue is reduced by treatment, then it's feasible that it was getting built up in my system and finally some of it getting flushed out.

That makes me think that it IS a good sign as it's not still building up within me, it's getting out of me.

Though, of course, that may just be wishful thinking. I never have managed to get them to test me for amonia levels.

ChrisD

I discovered High Ammonia Levels through a Genova ONE test, I tried to get Ammonia blood level test by NHS but they that it was very hard to get an accurate reading as the blood needs to be put on ice immediately or something like that.

It does sound feasible that you are detoxing, I am glad someone else has a similar sensation of feeling better after flushing whatever it is out

alice111

Hmmm thanks for the replies! So theoretically if the midodrine has my blood moving more I could be detoxing?